Axis Cameras on Dahua NVR

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Dahua XVR and Dahua cams both IP and HDCVI.

I am looking at some Axis IP domes on the remaining slots I have available on the system.

Does anyone know exactly how much functionality will be lost on the Axis cameras going through the Dahua XVR? Is it still worth it?

Would I still be able to do basics like record on motion for example?

@bigredfish I know you have played around with some Axis cams too, so maybe you have some insight?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've not had luck. The Axis cams will record to the Dahua NVR, but Ive not been able to get MD or higher level functions to work.

@bickford may be able to help? he's pretty knowledgeable

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Bigred, main reason I want to get the Axis cams is that I want to mount them inside and they don't need a junction box if you mount them on a concrete ceiling or brick wall. Network cable plugs in nicely into the camera inside at the back with Axis. The Dahua domes on the other hand will need junctions boxes, which makes the cam look a lot more bulky.

Would be pointless though if I can't get them to record on motion with the Dahua XVR. Our Dahua recorders should support Onvif, so strange it does not on your side.

Hopefully @bickford has some insight...

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello
I already tried to connect an axis on a NVR of Dahua brand, it works but you will only have the image and nothing else, the alarms or detections integrated into the Axis camera were not raised in the DAHUA NVR

The question is , why do you want to purchase AXIS cameras ?

We sell some in my company but today much less, they are very late, are very expensive and we had big problems of breakdowns in particular on the P32 range

I had the presentation of the new axis range with artificial intelligence, there is nothing exceptional, you will pay 1000 dollars for an equivalent in Dahua which is worth 150 ...

BICK

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello
I already tried to connect an axis on a NVR of Dahua brand, it works but you will only have the image and nothing else, the alarms or detections integrated into the Axis camera were not raised in the DAHUA NVR

The question is , why do you want to purchase AXIS cameras ?

We sell some in my company but today much less, they are very late, are very expensive and we had big problems of breakdowns in particular on the P32 range

I had the presentation of the new axis range with artificial intelligence, there is nothing exceptional, you will pay 1000 dollars for an equivalent in Dahua which is worth 150 ...

BICK
Thanks for your response and insight Bickford. Makes sense and sounds like it is definitely not worth such a premium price to use on a Dahua system.
My main reason for wanting Axis was purely for ascetics. I will reconsider the Dahua dome options.