Axis Door Station will not view in BlueIris after updating software. Anyone else having problems?

snadz

n3wb
Reaction score
AXIS A8004-VE Network Video Door Station Firmware version: 5.85.1.2 / Blue Iris 5.0.6.0 x64
I had the video streaming to BI no problem. Had not had a chance to troubleshoot why the audio didn't work but it wasn't super important at that time.
Now after letting BI self update I can't even get any video to show. It started as a "socket error" and my cables are sketchy so I assumed it was a problem with those and I changed them. Tested them with a few different testers and they all test OK. I tried using a wireless card to no avail. Could it be a router problem? Presently the error is a 404 no service error. Before it was a socket error. And often it wouldn't authenticate.
So I started changing configurations in settings of BI and the Axis settings. But after considering that the problem started right around the same time that I let the program update it's self that maybe it was the software. Anyone have any insight into what could be causing my trouble? I can tell you what ever you need to know about the system or fork over any log files that might help!

snadz

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
AXIS A8004-VE Network Video Door Station Firmware version: 5.85.1.2 / Blue Iris 5.0.6.0 x64
I had the video streaming to BI no problem. Had not had a chance to troubleshoot why the audio didn't work but it wasn't super important at that time.
Now after letting BI self update I can't even get any video to show. It started as a "socket error" and my cables are sketchy so I assumed it was a problem with those and I changed them. Tested them with a few different testers and they all test OK. I tried using a wireless card to no avail. Could it be a router problem? Presently the error is a 404 no service error. Before it was a socket error. And often it wouldn't authenticate.
So I started changing configurations in settings of BI and the Axis settings. But after considering that the problem started right around the same time that I let the program update it's self that maybe it was the software. Anyone have any insight into what could be causing my trouble? I can tell you what ever you need to know about the system or fork over any log files that might help!

snadz
disable hardware acceleration for that camera only.

snadz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. It seems to have solved the problem of no picture, though when I enable the audio channel in BI the video goes away again. Any thoughts?

snadz

n3wb
Reaction score
disable hardware acceleration for that camera only.
That fixed the error but now it says not authorized for audio stream. Is there somewhere to even input a username/pass word separately?

To add to the mess I am getting this message from the camera when I tried to update the firmware. I've tried it in Firefox and Explorer. Downloaded the bin file several times with no change.

... waited 78s ... ... waited 79s ... ... waited 80s ... ... waited 81s ... ... waited 82s ... Switched to upgrade.target. The file system will be upgraded after reboot. Saving parameters using parhand Starting parhand... done Parameters saved Shadow file found, unconverting... done Stopping parhand... done Unmounting file system /lib/persistent ... Unmounting file system /usr/local ... Unmounting file system /var ... umount /var failed with exit status: 1! Unmounting file system /mnt/flash ... umount /mnt/flash failed with exit status: 1! Error: too short file. Error: too short file. The system upgrade failed. The unit will now reboot. To continue, please connect to the unit again. There may be a short delay before the new connection is accepted. This connection will now close.