Axis M1124 Can't connect

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I added jpg's of all screens. This is my first Axis camera and I'm having trouble connecting it to Blue Iris.
I have logged in using the axis IP utility and assigned an IP to the camera. I added a password to users and onvif in the axis web menus. I choose RTSP in the camera configuration with the user and password that I set up in the axis web interface. Not sure what I'm missing. I have a few dahua cameras and q-see cameras that are seen no problem. I'm getting a RTSP 404 not found screen with no signal. Any help is awsome.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I added jpg's of all screens. This is my first Axis camera and I'm having trouble connecting it to Blue Iris.
I have logged in using the axis IP utility and assigned an IP to the camera. I added a password to users and onvif in the axis web menus. I choose RTSP in the camera configuration with the user and password that I set up in the axis web interface. Not sure what I'm missing. I have a few dahua cameras and q-see cameras that are seen no problem. I'm getting a RTSP 404 not found screen with no signal. Any help is awsome.
Disable hardware acceleration for tgth camera and start again

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I reset the Axis camera to factory and tried this with no luck. Not sure what Im missing here. I can still log in and see the live view through axis web interface with no issues. I'm missing some setting somewhere.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I reset the Axis camera to factory and tried this with no luck. Not sure what Im missing here. I can still log in and see the live view through axis web interface with no issues. I'm missing some setting somewhere.
dont use the rtsp from the dropdown...use http and the m series h264.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I got it to work with that. Thank You. Could you please explain briefly the difference between using the rtsp and the http. What is it doing or looking for between the two. On my Dahua and Qsee cameras the rtsp works everytime. Also I never had to select the actual make and model before. Great learning once again. And seriously man big respect to you for all you do. Since getting involved with this site and you and everyone else that teaches on here my skills have not stopped increasing.