Axis P1428 ONVIF Issue No Video

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 axis Camera's. One is a P1428 and the other a Q6045-E. I have ONVIF users setup in both Camera's setup portal along with ONVIF profiles. Both Cameras work with ONVIF Device Manager from SourceForge and can view its RTSP stream which is returned as /onvif-media/media.amp?profile=profile_1_h264&sessiontimeout=60&streamtype=unicast.

When I get home tonight I'll attached my configurations. When you do find inspect both run through the discovery process on BI and it seems like all is going to be good but then it doesn't stream any video. Only difference I noticed is that the Q6045-E doesn't have a section to create different ONVIF profiles like the newer P1428 Camera does not that it matters.

I'm personally wondering if it has to do with how Axis has implemented its ONVIF authentication function that was changed in version 5.25 and higher firmware. Outlined here.

FuncDesc-Authentication_in_ONVIF_and_VAPIX_v1.1.pdf

nutt318

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was going crazy trying to figure this out, thanks for the post. Had the same issue with an Axis M3045-V, turned of the Hardware Acceleration and it picked up the feed.

IpCamUser

n3wb
Reaction score
i'm having the same problem with a p-1224-e. how do you turn off hardware acceleration? is that a BI thing or a Axis setup?

this is my rtsp: 192.168.1.84/onvif-media/media.amp?profile=profile_1_h264&sessiontimeout=60&streamtype=unicast

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i'm having the same problem with a p-1224-e. how do you turn off hardware acceleration? is that a BI thing or a Axis setup?

this is my rtsp: 192.168.1.84/onvif-media/media.amp?profile=profile_1_h264&sessiontimeout=60&streamtype=unicast
in blue iris, in the camera video tab.

IpCamUser

n3wb
Reaction score
DOH! that's it.

wow. i've been pulling my hair out for hours.

is there any drawback to not using HA? should i use an mpeg stream instead? (which works w/o HA disabled)?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
DOH! that's it.

wow. i've been pulling my hair out for hours.

is there any drawback to not using HA? should i use an mpeg stream instead? (which works w/o HA disabled)?
cpu will be higher than if HA was working...you are better off using h264 regardless...
if there are several h.264 profiles you might want to see if any of them work with ha..and if that axis has zipstream/smart codec try disabling it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thank you. i'll try out several options. i'll post back what i find out. thanks again.
i wouldnt sweat it anyway, the 720p stream is a very light load. Wont make too much of a difference using HA.