Axis P3344 IP Cameras

wmocahbee

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there anything special I need to do to get a hikvision DS-7108N-SN/P NVR to let me do motion detection? I have chosen the AXIS Protocol and it tells me when I go to motion detection, "the camera does not support the function" It does show the live video feed and records, just continuous. I have also added a user to the ONVIF settings in the Axis camera settings and gave it Administrator rights. Same thing happens there as well. No motion detection with the same error. These cameras have audio built in as well. Over all, it does record continuous for both video and audio. Just will not let me change any aspect of features in hikvision. I have also tried to use a custom protocol, with my URI path as /onvif-media/media.amp port 554 RTP over RTSP.

Anyone have any clues on how to get this working for motion and with all the features?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you try and set up motion detection in the camera via the web interface and see if the NVR would pick it up then?

wmocahbee

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try and set up motion detection in the camera via the web interface and see if the NVR would pick it up then?
Well, The error I get is from the NVR. It seems to only support continuous recording. From what I understand, its the NVR that determines if there is motion.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, but it is possible that the NVR is giving you a slightly erroneous error message. It might support motion if motion was already activated in the camera. This is a slight chance if the NVR just can't adjust the settings in the camera but might use what is already there. Just a guess though.

fiz1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue with being unable to use the motion recording option of the Hikvision NVR when using an Axis camera. Were you able to enable motion detection with the combination of (Axis Camera and Hikvision NVR)?