B&H Photo

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are they the only "authorized" retailer for US Hikvision branded products?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only authorized hikvision sellers who sell to the general public, yes to my knowledge.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I find that pretty interesting. I know there are a number of resellers. The folks at Nelly's seem to offer great support for their re-branded equipment. Is there any real benefit to buy Hik branded items from B&H?

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Warranty and you know your getting a genuine product. Nellys IMO is over priced

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ever need support from B&H? How were they?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Doesn't ipcamtalk sell rebranded Hikvision cameras?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I find that pretty interesting. I know there are a number of resellers. The folks at Nelly's seem to offer great support for their re-branded equipment. Is there any real benefit to buy Hik branded items from B&H?
I have dealt with both, I have done my fair share of Business with Nelleys, I have had to use their support AND they answer the phone and will help you through the Issue, Could you buy it cheaper through B&H...Most likely, I have had to deal with B&H support and they are more General and because of the amount of products they deal with, I do not think they would be walking you through a firmware upgrade or helping you when your NVR is skipping frames. That being said, I guess its your comfort level of support.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ever need support from B&H? How were they?
My first camera was Hikvision from B&H because I absolutely positively wanted manufacturer support and was willing to pay extra for it. The first (and only) time I tried to use that support, Hikvision bounced me back to B&H. B&H didn't have the answer and told me to contact Hikvision again. During that time I started googling more, found this site, and then found a thread here that had the answer I was looking for.

Now I feel dumb for paying an extra $50 on that camera for manufacturer support. Almost all of my subsequent purchases were through Andy/@EMPIRETECANDY. Same hardware that the "authorized" resellers sold (assuming they even sold those models) and all of the support here I could ever need ... and almost always for a good chunk of change less. Granted, I'm talking about Dahua stuff, but he's starting to carry a few Hikvision models now and hopefully will be able to expand on that.

jamesf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought a system from B&H a few years back. 2 HIk cameras and a HIK NVR. The only real advantage to me, was that you could actually talk to Hikvision.
I have not had to deal with warranty service on either NVR or my cameras.
Hikvision support was helpful via email exchanges in a software issue I had getting the software running to remote view.

I recently purchased 2 systems from Nelly's. He was extremely helpful in setting my "unbranded" NVR up. The first system has been running for months now at my office. I am about to call them again to setup the second system I bought. I'd say they were superior in their service.

BTW at the time, I paid more at B&H for the same cameras I could have purchased Grey Market, even after not paying tax, when B&H didnt charge tax NY to CA. I got a taste of guff here from people at the time telling me I was wasting money buying from B&H. :)
They were probably right.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought my whole system - NVR and eight cams - from B&H. Had to warranty one cam shortly after purchase and it went smoothly and quickly. It's worth it for me to buy from an authorized dealer rather than buying hacked Chinese cams for $20 off.