Baby cam?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I 'm looking for a baby cam with it's on LCD that a homecare worker can view and hear and one that i can also view remotely on my phone? Does such a thing exist?

Need it for a elder.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this going to be used in the same location/network as the camera?
No it would be at a remote location....also looking for simple cameras option something like blink, without the 30 sec time out i can plug it in. It needs audio.

Last edited:

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recommend owlet but you will still need an iPad or mobile device to stream.
We use these and they’re great.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have found when I had my first child five years ago that most baby cameras that come with their own screen have poor reception. I ended up getting basic ip camera like this Wifi security camera | Amcrest and using an app called Tinycam pro tinyCam Monitor | Home . With a set up like this youll get reception any where you have wifi in a house.

For monitoring outside the network I think you can just use the app most manufactures have for their cameras.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have found when I had my first child five years ago that most baby cameras that come with their own screen have poor reception. I ended up getting basic ip camera like this Wifi security camera | Amcrest and using an app called Tinycam pro tinyCam Monitor | Home . With a set up like this youll get reception any where you have wifi in a house.

For monitoring outside the network I think you can just use the app most manufactures have for their cameras.
Same here. And if you do go amcrest, the app isn’t pretty but I’ve had zero problems with it and using their service to get the feed outside of the home has been a breeze

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same here. And if you do go amcrest, the app isn’t pretty but I’ve had zero problems with it and using their service to get the feed outside of the home has been a breeze
Yeah none of them are pretty.

Tinycam pro has a webserver feature. I've never used it so I have no idea how good it works.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got Wyze + Android box (app installed) on back of my tv (hdmi-2) + wireless usb mouse. For privacy reasons, the app allows for powering on/off the camera. You may watch/talk from any tablet/cell (local/remote). In my case, installed an extra camera “watching” the side bed. If got out of the bed between 9pm~6am (schedule), that camera detects motion, activating the nightlite (smartplug) for 10 minutes. As BoristheBlade mentioned, if need to add the camera to BI or other recording system, better go with Amcrest

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And the thousands of hackers around the world have zero problems as well...

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ended up just using good old POE, BI i gave blink a try used it for 2 days and got battery warning messages lol