back door thieves apprehended

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We caught these three guys as they were breaking intoone of our customers' shopping plazas. The cops had the place surrounded with in minutes. The chopper flying over appears to be what scared them out the back door. Unfortunately, they were caught by K-9 on the other side of the fence. We tried to get this one edited down as far as possible, but the video is full of good stuff.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Shame about missing the K-9 takedown. I hope they didn't hurt the dog. It'd be interesting to know if the cops checked the phone's log to see who that guy was talking to the whole time. Baby mama drama or asking their fence what he wanted when they got in?

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very cool! Was there a traditional alarm system in place as well? How did you notice them; by motion on the cameras or PIRs tied into the cameras?

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
He was probably talking to his lookout on the phone. Usually there is one guy on the phone in these types of breakins. I guess they cant use a headset or earbud.

The place where these guys broke into was a small restaurant. The manager was unable to set his alarm that night because he kept getting a fault. He checked his video once we let him know what had happened and noticed two guys fiddling with the door contact and motion detectors.

Our team picked these guys up as soon as they came into view. You can see the ptz zoom into them right away.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bababouy I just watched a few of the videos on your site...gotta love the stupidity of criminals. Very nice

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was someone controlling the PTZ or was it auto-tracking?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I love your videos and business model, How many people do you have watching security videos at once. I can imagine this market is expanding at a pretty good rip. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to this stuff.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I love your videos and business model, How many people do you have watching security videos at once. I can imagine this market is expanding at a pretty good rip. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to this stuff.
Thanks, We have quite a few people on duty, all day long. We aren't a huge operation just yet, but if criminals keep doing what they do, we will be. Hopefully these videos will help all of us in the camera business.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is a really fast connection required for your services with no data caps? Wondering how you can pull in so many camera feeds and control ptz's. I get terrible lag when I try to remote into my system and move the ptz's around.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they are usually pulling substreams remotely configured for a fairly low framerate and recording at full quality is done onsite.. the'll configure the feeds to fit within the bandwidth limits of the site.

The Weed growing warehouses here in Colorado are almost all remotely monitored; with the sheer number of cameras involved the main monitoring site I know about is spending something like 30k a month on connectivity to just a handfull of remote warehouses.. you can scale this shit to insane levels if you have the cashflow to spend.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
So is a really fast connection required for your services with no data caps? Wondering how you can pull in so many camera feeds and control ptz's. I get terrible lag when I try to remote into my system and move the ptz's around.
We don't need super HD video to catch someone live. Nayr is right, we tune the cameras down some. I like to be around 12-15fps, and tune down the bitrates also. This was a real challenge years ago when we started the company. Our customers were still on DSL. Now most businesses are either on a large broadband service or fiber.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
amateurs a pro would have had that door open with a halogen bar aka the fire fighters master key in about 10 seconds 30 if it was reinforced.

Cam Neuton

n3wb
Reaction score
"Unfortunately, they were caught by K-9 on the other side of the fence."

You mean "Fortunately they were caught..." :)

Nice video and outcome. We like it!