Background Recording - Some videos not uploading - RaspPi 4

JBlyth

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running Android 11 on a Raspberry Pi4 8Gb specifically to run TInyCam Pro - which works wonderfully well. Over the years I have found the app by far the best around and it's better than the Linux apps like Motion Eye because of TInyCam's Person and Face detection.

For the first time I am using "Background Recording", mainly so I can get a pre-recording of 10 seconds prior to a motion event. I have set background record to 10 minutes and those videos upload to OneDrive beautifully, but even when they don't have a motion event within them, they are often labelled as a "person" detection even if they are not. After a reboot, the subsequent videos don't have the "person" label until the next motion event.

The usual short motion events are on the device, but they are not getting uploaded to OneDrive. If I disable Background Mode, those videos are uploaded.

Have I missed a setting somewhere, or is this lack of uploading the Motion Event Videos by design. The Motion Event videos on the device also don't seem to include the 10 seconds prior to the motion event.

Cheers
John Blyth in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia.