Bad experience with Aliexpress

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m writing to share my experience with AliExpress. Have bought with Andy from before on Amazon. Top notch service. Decided I like to try and buy from his Asian site unfortunately, thinking he was AliExpress, I ordered 2 cameras. Seem both of them have been lost, or my guess, never sent. Trying to reach customer service has been a nightmare. My tracking information does not match their records. My guess, is they have been stalling me.

Looks like I’m out $300. Will try to challenge it with my credit card, but not sure with international purchases if I’ll have much luck.

Just a heads up, beware…………….

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m writing to share my experience with AliExpress. Have bought with Andy from before on Amazon. Top notch serviced. Decided I like to try and buy from his Asian site unfortunately, thinking he was AliExpress, I ordered 2 cameras. Seem both of them have been lost, or my guess, never sent. Trying to reach customer service has been a nightmare. My tracking information does not match their records. My guess, is they have been stalling me.

Looks like I’m out $300. Will try to challenge it with my credit card, but not sure with international purchases if I’ll have much luck.

Just a heads up, beware…………….
If your items were never sent your CC or ali will reimburse you. As you now know, aliexpress is like ebay just in china. Thousands of sellers. You need to buy from the right store.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your problem is not really with Aliexpress, it's with the merchant that you purchased from. And to be clear, that merchant was NOT Andy @ Empiretech, correct? If you follow the easy steps on the Ali website, Aliexpress should take care of you.

Also, if you ordered the cams, and chose E-packet shipping, it could take up to a month for your items to arrive.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your problem is not really with Aliexpress, it's with the merchant that you purchased from. And to be clear, that merchant was NOT Andy @ Empiretech, correct? If you follow the easy steps on the Ali website, Aliexpress should take care of you.

Also, if you ordered the cams, and chose E-packet shipping, it could take up to a month for your items to arrive.
Yea, that what I'm finding out. Been a learning experience, should do more research instead of jumping in head first.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Aliexpress the 7 or 8 times I've placed orders with various vendors. I consider Aliexpress to be relatively low risk.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your problem is not really with Aliexpress, it's with the merchant that you purchased from. And to be clear, that merchant was NOT Andy @ Empiretech, correct?

Also, if you ordered the cams, and chose E-packet shipping, it could take up to a month for your items to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Had bought from Andy on Amazon before, was real satisfied with his service, defiantly top notch! could not find what I was looking for on his Amazon site, I tried to find his Hong Kong site, When I clicked on what I thought was his site, was diverted to Aliexpress. Not being familiar with what Aliexpress was, just thought it was Empire Express, but another name (now I know), ordered 2 cameras. That's where the problems started. Didn't recive the camera as promptly as I had from Andy before. This is where I realized, I made a mistake. Never again. Once I find a vender I like, usually I'm a very loyal customer. Tired to dispute the order, but it will not allow me. States I have to wait 10 days from when it was shipped. Been 20 days, does not sound good, Customer service from the venders has been terrible. Nobody can find either package. Both showing clearing customs 2 weeks ago. (BTW I'm getting different tracking information from the vender's). I'll be sure to keep you all updated.
Lesson learned: Best to buy from Andy on Amazon. You'll never be disappointed!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your problem is not really with Aliexpress, it's with the merchant that you purchased from. And to be clear, that merchant was NOT Andy @ Empiretech, correct?

Had bought from Andy on Amazon before, was real satisfied with his service, defiantly top notch! could not find what I was looking for on his Amazon site, I tried to find his Hong Kong site, When I clicked on what I thought was his site, was diverted to Aliexpress. Not being familiar with what Aliexpress was, just thought it was Empire Express, but another name (now I know), ordered 2 cameras. That's where the problems started. Didn't recive the camera as promptly as I had from Andy before. This is where I realized, I made a mistake. Never again. Once I find a vender I like, usually I'm a very loyal customer. Tired to dispute the order, but it will not allow me. States I have to wait 10 days from when it was shipped. Been 20 days, does not sound good, Customer service from the venders has been terrible. Nobody can find either package. Both showing clearing customs 2 weeks ago. (BTW I'm getting different tracking information from the vender's). I'll be sure to keep you all updated.
Lesson learned: Best to buy from Andy on Amazon. You'll never be disappointed![/QUOTE]
No you can buy from Andy on Ali Express or directly via PayPal.. you just literally purchase from the wrong vendor. If you would have purchased from Andy on Ali you would not have this problem.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lesson learned: Best to buy from Andy on Amazon. You'll never be disappointed!
No you can buy from Andy on Ali Express or directly via PayPal.. you just literally purchase from the wrong vendor. If you would have purchased from Andy on Ali you would not have this problem.[/QUOTE]
now I know, really satisfied with Andy. He a vendor whom I'm looking forward to doing business with again. Just sharing my experience so another newby does not make my mistake. Lesson leaned (and I'm learning many. Now have to tear out all of my crap cat5 cable, and replace it. Another lesson, stay tuned!) Thanks again for everybody help on this site .

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Aliexpress holds seller funds in escrow until you acknowledge receipt.
The buyer protection, though not as good as eBay/PayPal, is till quite robust.

If there is a problem with the order - goods not received etc - raise a dispute on the Aliexpress site against your order.
If the facts are clear and can be verified, you will get your money back in a few days.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - also, note packages can be stolen from your porch / mail box - so having a good delivery address is important, and using DHL is better than the cheap method.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Aliexpress holds seller funds in escrow until you acknowledge receipt.
The buyer protection, though not as good as eBay/PayPal, is till quite robust.

If there is a problem with the order - goods not received etc - raise a dispute on the Aliexpress site against your order.
If the facts are clear and can be verified, you will get your money back in a few days.

For what ever reasons, it is not allowing me to access the dispute button. Stated I need at least 10 from shipping till I can dispute an order. Been 20 days. Not sure about my credit card, there is a time limit to dispute it (I believe it is 30 days from the order) Going to give it a few more days. I can understand Christmas rush, and confusion.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FYI - also, note packages can be stolen from your porch / mail box - so having a good delivery address is important, and using DHL is better than the cheap method.
Not a problem getting it stolen from my home. I work days, wife stays at home. Security cameras pretty robust at my home.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Been 20 days.
Since shipping?
For other than courier shipping, that's short. It's not unreasonable to allow the right time for delivery to take place.
I'm sure you will get your money refunded, just follow the buyer protection process.
It's not a lot different from eBay in terms of having evidence of the problem.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had no problems getting my money refunded for vendors on aliexpress for non delivery, as long as the product has not actually shipped.

There ship time is very high. The vendor and the shipping can be delayed more than a month in China. I have guessed that the vendor has items to sell at good price, but does not have the item in stock, so they need to go to there supplier, who either increases the price or is just slow.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since shipping?
For other than courier shipping, that's short. It's not unreasonable to allow the right time for delivery to take place.
I'm sure you will get your money refunded, just follow the buyer protection process.
It's not a lot different from eBay in terms of having evidence of the problem.
Normally wouldn't stress it too much, but I've been ripped off before. From my experiences, there is a time frame in which you need to contest the charge. (30 days I believe) My biggest worry, is that the tacking info seems wrong, or fictitious. One of tracking schedule show the item being shipped even before I ordered it. The other show's it clearing customs LAX 2 days after if order it (seems way too fast), either way, very fishy. Customer rep's send me a tracking ledger that doesn't match any of my items, doesn't make any sense.
Finally, I'm unable to contest one of the item, because it said that it has not been 10 days since shipping.

In the end, I'm sure all will work out,

I don't want to be to be seem as a negative person, but I just want to share my experiences. Hoping someone will learn from my missteps.

Lesson learn, BUY FROM ANDY AT EMPIRE TECH.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have found that the best way to purchase Dahua's is by sending Andy an email ( "Andy Wang" <kingsecurity2014@163.com> ) stating what I want. He usually emails back in a few minutes (usually I am doing this at about 1:30am though) stating if he has it in stock and what the price would be. I give him my PayPal info and he sends the invoice. I pay it on PayPal and in about 4-5 days the cameras arrive at my house in Houston. I have done this several times.

I use IPCamtalk posts to help me decide what cameras I want where, then email Andy. I am doing this in phases, basically two cameras at a time. As I get new cameras, I check out how they function in different places and have revised my plan a few times based on this information. What throws a wrench into my plan is when someone (Like LOONY) reviews a new camera that I had not thought of before and I go back to the drawing board. But that is what makes it fun. I really like your reviews LOONY.