Bad picture quality

Reaction score
Hello I'm having the same problem that I had with my lorex system it was still in the return time frame so I returned it all bought all starlight cameres from Andy and the 5216 nvr as stated in a prior post I have changed out ethernet cable,hdmi tried a different power source I just dont get and would appreciate any assistance thanks in advance

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello I'm having the same problem that I had with my lorex system it was still in the return time frame so I returned it all bought all starlight cameres from Andy and the 5216 nvr as stated in a prior post I have changed out ethernet cable,hdmi tried a different power source I just dont get and would appreciate any assistance thanks in advance
its your tv

Reaction score
Yes it is Im new to this but I was talking about the interference going in an out and it's even 10x worse at night

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, when you take video of anything (but never of your TV or Monitor) turn the phone sideways. Amateur hour ended with the iphone 4s.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Not to mention the background sounds... I"ve seen better testbenchclips :p

Lorenz

n3wb
Reaction score

from what you see in the images there are possibilities solutions to your problem.

1) Keyframe too close try to increase the keyframes by 10 frames.

2) Increase the bitrate of the cameras, if the bitrate is too low you lose too much quality and at every keyframe the lost data is so many that it creates this flicker.

3) decrease the sharpness of the camera. If the sharpness is set too high the process goes unnecessarily heavy on the video stream trying to insert non-existent details, producing the opposite effect ... instead of increasing the sharpness you only have more noise than the camera tries to compensate with a noise reduction more invasive.

If your cameras have the sharpness adjustment from a scale of 0/100, never exceed 50.
Try to set 48, it should be the optimal value.

4) Check the sharpness and noise reduction values of the TV. sometimes they affect the image quality too much. However to understand if it is the TV you should save yourself a piece of recording on the PC and analyze it from there. if you see clearly on your PC, TV is the problem.

Check all the steps I've listed and you'll have a perfect view of the camera. Guaranteed ;)