Bandwidth and Camera Type Questions

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will be using 16 4MP cameras - probably IPC-HDW5431R-ZE. I want to be sure the total bandwidth will not exceed the capacity of a NVR5216-16P-4KS2 which I think is 320 Mbps. I looked on Dahua's web site for the camera specs but it is a bit confusing. Can someone let me know if I will be ok?

Also, a "professional" told me that a dome camera is preferred to a eyeball/turret camera for outdoor use because of security and weatherproof concerns. Is this true?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will be using 16 4MP cameras - probably IPC-HDW5431R-ZE. I want to be sure the total bandwidth will not exceed the capacity of a NVR5216-16P-4KS2 which I think is 320 Mbps. I looked on Dahua's web site for the camera specs but it is a bit confusing. Can someone let me know if I will be ok?

Also, a "professional" told me that a dome camera is preferred to a eyeball/turret camera for outdoor use because of security and weatherproof concerns. Is this true?
Hi GaryDZ,

The data sheet on the IPC-HDW5431R-ZE should have the bandwidth they use. iirc it is about 10Mbps at 15fps.

All the comments I have seen here seem to be at odds with that "professional".

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Folks here say that turrets are preferred over domes for exterior use due to IR reflections issues with domes and the fact that spiders love domes, but not turrets so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk