Banned from the kitchen table

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty close to moving the server rack into the kitchen. LOL. Good thing I'm not married.

Actually it is to make the spare bedroom be less ridiculously warm during the summer by moving 500 watts of heat out of there.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My closets aren't big enough for my server rack since it isn't really a traditional rack, but a shelf with ATX cases and whatnot on it. The problem is that all those servers running 24/7 makes the room warmer than all the other rooms.

That is part of the reason I'm building a new Blue Iris server in a Mini ITX case. It'll be easier to move out of that room, and take 130 watts of heat with it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you own the house? Maybe consider a split ac unit. I installed one in a guest room I built on the back of my garage. They make DIY versions now that come with freon installed so they are basically plug and play after running electrical to the main panel. Very easy to install, took maybe 2 hours. I paid 590 for this one about a year and half ago, looks like its no longer available but there are probably simliar models available.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y249GQE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Interesting. I wasn't aware of split AC units. Could be nice since my home (which I do own) does not have air conditioning built-in, and the ~15K BTU window AC in the living room does not have unlimited reach.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.