barometric pressure

Brad Casey

n3wb
Reaction score
BIT is showing a barometric pressure reading that is one point off from what weather Underground is showing. For example the reading is showing 28.82" on my cam feeds but showing the correct 29.82" on WU and on both consoles in the house. Is there a config file that I can change in BIT to correct the reading?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
BIT pulls directly from the XML file from WU so there's no config file for that.

Make sure your macros in BI are mapped properly

Brad Casey

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Mike.. After digging a little further into it, it sounds like WU forces the BP readings to there standards based on my location and elevation. Looks like the fix is to change settings on the weather bridge from station pressure to adjusted pressure and play around with the altitude settings until you get the desired readings.

It would be nice if there was a way to manipulate this in some sort of config file in Blue Iris tools, maybe in a future release perhaps?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that WU has been an utter train wreck the past several months. They have many, many issue's that they seem to be ignoring.
Wouldn't be surprised to see WU shut down at some point.