Batshit Crazy

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Bats aren't fun. They will squeeze through a crack the size of a USB port I swear.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cool! Bats eat a lot of mosquitoes. I've put up a bat house trying to get them around my home, with no luck yet.

Reaction score
Bats aren't fun. They will squeeze through a crack the size of a USB port I swear.
They can be a bit of a problem if they find your attic preferable to other digs. There are some species that even seem to prefer man-made structures. I still think they are awesome animals.

Last edited:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
They are neat. I need to build some bat houses near where I work. But I can also imagine them being annoying if they decide to make your attic into their preferred home!

Dragonflies are another good killer of mosquitoes.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dragonflies are another good killer of mosquitoes.
Yeah, love to watch 'em as I cut the 2 acre field in front of my house; there will be a squadron of 6 or 8, 1/2 on either side of the tractor as I mow, like some old Lockheed P3 Orions doing anti-submarine patrol in the Pacific. They may have a tiny brain but those guys KNOW that when I mow that I'll be stirring up the bugs with that tractor and rotary cutter. They're with me from start to finish.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ha! The zombie door-checkers would be highly bothered by those creatures!