Battery operated smart camera - any way to get it to work with Blue Iris?

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera I purchased is here: Amazon.com : Wireless Rechargeable Battery Powered Security Camera YXwin 1080P HD Indoor/Outdoor 6000mAh Home Surveillance WiFi Camera with Motion Detection Two-Way Audio Night Vision : Camera & Photo

I'd love to get this working with BI... but the company is hard bent on making you use their app to use the camera. I reached out to BI support and they recommended I stop in here to see if anyone has an alternate firmware to let it work with BI... I know there are a TON of these same looking cameras around right now. It really seems like a great camera, but the only ports that are open are 80 and 8554. The company (yxwin) won't give me the website username and password either... they say it's not even enabled, but they didn't have the clearest English so I'm not sure what they meant exactly. Anyone have any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera I purchased is here: Amazon.com : Wireless Rechargeable Battery Powered Security Camera YXwin 1080P HD Indoor/Outdoor 6000mAh Home Surveillance WiFi Camera with Motion Detection Two-Way Audio Night Vision : Camera & Photo

I'd love to get this working with BI... but the company is hard bent on making you use their app to use the camera. I reached out to BI support and they recommended I stop in here to see if anyone has an alternate firmware to let it work with BI... I know there are a TON of these same looking cameras around right now. It really seems like a great camera, but the only ports that are open are 80 and 8554. The company (yxwin) won't give me the website username and password either... they say it's not even enabled, but they didn't have the clearest English so I'm not sure what they meant exactly. Anyone have any ideas?
These cameras are crap. additionally they will never work with blue iris because they don't support rtsp or onvif streaming and even if they did the battery would die in a few minutes.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’d be ok leaving it plugged in if someone had a firmware that enabled these features... pointless probably but the camera was free to me, so I’m trying to figure out how to use it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What does this link mean exactly? The camera really does work and it’s a nice mounting system and good build quality for sure. I’d leave a really positive review if I didn’t use Blue Iris I guess... but I live in blue iris and don’t want a two camera system setup. Ya know?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What does this link mean exactly? The camera really does work and it’s a nice mounting system and good build quality for sure. I’d leave a really positive review if I didn’t use Blue Iris I guess... but I live in blue iris and don’t want a two camera system setup. Ya know?
The link means the reviews are fake. Paid for by the manufacturer or seller. if you think that little piece of garbage has good build quality you have never seen a decent camera. It has a crappy sensor and likely worse firmware it belongs in the trash and it's sold two suckers on Amazon will look at the reviews and don't bother to check their veracity

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sheesh man go easy on me. I said the build quality, as it really is a sturdy little device with a massively powerful magnet. And when viewing it on my iPad - the app sucks and isn’t iPad formatted but the video does look good in 1080p mode. I’d say It’s a decent picture comparable to my foscam cameras but not my axis cameras. :)

Anyway sorry if I hit a nerve. I just was hoping to hack the camera and utilize it with blue iris. Otherwise I’ll never use it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sheesh man go easy on me. I said the build quality, as it really is a sturdy little device with a massively powerful magnet. And when viewing it on my iPad - the app sucks and isn’t iPad formatted but the video does look good in 1080p mode. I’d say It’s a decent picture comparable to my foscam cameras but not my axis cameras. :)

Anyway sorry if I hit a nerve. I just was hoping to hack the camera and utilize it with blue iris. Otherwise I’ll never use it.
its trash...axis owners dont own foscams.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well you're just a bundle of joy. I'm a lurker of these forums for years and I have to post and say I find your comments unattractive and fiendish. Everyone starts somewhere - people don't dive head first into Axis products. Foscam's aren't horrible. Sorry if you're having a bad day - but maybe stay off the forums with the kind of attitude that makes users feel like they did something wrong when all they wanted was some support.