Battery powered cams & API

KellyCx1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. Does anyone know of any cameras that are powered by a battery? I need a camera that would work to record guests entering into events at check in.

The reason I asked the API question: It would be great if I could use an API to link a timestamp from when the user checked in to the time stamp on the video. It would make for QUICK validation

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
G'day @KellyCx1. Most TrailCams use batteries...or you might be able to use a battery to power a vehicle dash cam, or even use a laptop or a USB battery pack to power a USB Camera. But I don't believe this is what you want. Are you looking for face recognition? Perhaps if you provide your specific use case -- which outlines your requirements in greater detail -- someone may come up with some suggestions for you. Thumbsmiley20.gif

KellyCx1

n3wb
Reaction score
I came across some Reolink battery powered cams but most people don't like them because of their inflexibility with API. I don't need facial recognition. I just need a regular system that keeps a time log

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just need a regular system that keeps a time log
I assume you need to deploy this camera at the front door (or gate) of your venue? Furthermore, I'm guessing that the venue is outdoors and hence the need for a battery powered camera? Unfortunately there's just not enough information to make helpful suggestion @KellyCx1.

If the venue is outdoors, why not use a laptop (with 2 internal batteries) to run the Blue Iris VMS? Then connect a Dahua or Hikvision low-light vari-focal camera to a battery powered POE switch, Put the camera on a tall sturdy tripod and you'll have a very powerful system for recording those who pass through the entryway of your venue.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
P.S. Most here consider Reolink cameras to be junk which will frustrate one's efforts to obtain good results. I've never used them, but I trust the people who have this opinion.Thumbsmiley21.gif