BenYuan ip camera

tjgriff83

n3wb
Reaction score
hello all
I have replaced my old nvr with a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P
I am trying to make my BenYuan cameras work withthis NVR, they are a 2mp bullet camera with POE attached is a photo of the camera ethernet connection.
The problem that i have is the NVR is not powering the camera via poe althoughwhen i plug a power supply into the camera the NVR is seeing the camera, i suspect that i need to make a cross over cable to suit the 4 pins used on the camera, can anyone confirm this ir point me in the right direction please.
Much appreciated.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hello all
I have replaced my old nvr with a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P
I am trying to make my BenYuan cameras work withthis NVR, they are a 2mp bullet camera with POE attached is a photo of the camera ethernet connection.
The problem that i have is the NVR is not powering the camera via poe althoughwhen i plug a power supply into the camera the NVR is seeing the camera, i suspect that i need to make a cross over cable to suit the 4 pins used on the camera, can anyone confirm this ir point me in the right direction please.
Much appreciated.
every ip camera that is 10/100 uses only 4 pins even on poe (but it can use more on mode B which is used mostly by midspans)...its 2016 you can throw all your crossover cables in the garbage...are you sure this camera supports poe?

tjgriff83

n3wb
Reaction score
IMG_4811.JPG IMG_4800.JPG IMG_4800.JPG IMG_4811.JPG Attached is the info on the camera that i could find using ONVIF device manager i think the program is

tjgriff83

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes i am 100% sure it runs on POE. My old BenYuan NVR powered these cameras for 2 years.
Perhaps my new NVR isnt outputting power?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes i am 100% sure it runs on POE. My old BenYuan NVR powered these cameras for 2 years.
Perhaps my new NVR isnt outputting power?
its more likely that the benyuan camera is not 802 compliant and the benyuan nvr is using a proprietary poe...

tjgriff83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmmm ok, so i may need new Cameras to suit the Hikvision NVR?
The BenYuan cameras are ONVIF 2.0!
I guess i will just have to power them at the camera and not use POE.

tjgriff83

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok i have got my hands on some POE splitters and have put a multi meter accross them and they are not showing any voltage, yes they are plugged into the NVR with cat6. I can not find a setting in the nvr to turn on POE, does anyone know what i am doing wrong?
Do all 4 cameras have to be connected for poe to output power?

tjgriff83

n3wb
Reaction score
No they are actually passive splitters, any chance you can send me a link to the ones that i need please?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you just have a passive splitter (it's only a cable in reality) at the camera end, that would explain the problem with no power to the camera from the NVR PoE ports.
I'm only on the phone just now so I don't have a link to send - but if you do a search for PoE splitter, active, 802.3af you should find lots of candidates.

tjgriff83

n3wb
Reaction score
Is what you mean a power injector at the nvr end and a splitter at the camera end?
Sorry i am a tad confused, i thoughtthe power should already be running in the ethernet from the NVR therefore only need to be pulled out of the twisted pairs and put into the socket.
Will the nvr only output poe once it has sensed that there is a device there asking for power?