Best Bullet Camera

SDguy

n3wb
Reaction score
New member interested in hearing your recommended bullet cameras.

Please list your favorites.

I currently have a Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-I but need more. Seems like a good camera just missing audio.

Requirements for new cameras.

High quality.

Good IR performance.

POE

Audio onboard prefered.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks,
Shaun

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im not aware of bullet with onboard audio. There is the Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-IS that allows you to add your own microphone, it can be mic level so you dont need a powered mic which is nice. Is there a particular reason why a dome wont do?

SDguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Im not aware of bullet with onboard audio. There is the Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-IS that allows you to add your own microphone, it can be mic level so you dont need a powered mic which is nice. Is there a particular reason why a dome wont do?
Thanks for the reply. These are for the side yard, facing the gate and looking down the fence line, so I just thought the Bullet cams would be more of a visual deterrent as well as good for that use.

Thanks

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use lots of cameras, and use bullets more than 90% of the time and have for quite a while. As of yet I've never found/used a bullet that had built in audio, but maybe some do exist? Having used a lot of VivoTek, ACTi, and a few other bullets I am now only purchasing Hikvision bullets myself. For the image quality and money they are killing all the other ones I've used.

SDguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I use lots of cameras, and use bullets more than 90% of the time and have for quite a while. As of yet I've never found/used a bullet that had built in audio, but maybe some do exist? Having used a lot of VivoTek, ACTi, and a few other bullets I am now only purchasing Hikvision bullets myself. For the image quality and money they are killing all the other ones I've used.
Good to know, I just assumed some had audio. Guess its non existent or rare. Do domes more often have audio?

ex123yz

n3wb
Reaction score
I logged in and took a look at the 8254 vs 2632. Big difference in picture quality.

I have demo to this one DS-2CD8254FWD-EIZ, under our own model number though. But since its pointing indoors the WDR it's not that dramatic (does have good details even under the bright IR)
http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/en_us/product/1147.html

I couldn't find a HIkvision model with 8225...

The non-motorized version is on sale now for $299. Its actually cheaper than aliexpress since its one of those specialty cameras with not much volume of sales.

http://demo.ltsnj.com:7616
user: demo
pw: demo

Under the list of camera, look for the model CMIP8433-Z 3.0MP and you can adjust the zoom and focus using the PTZ control.

Edit: Sorry apparently they locked the ptz control for the demo login...if you really want I'll pm you the admin login.
Edit 2: the 2632 is in the demo too, look for the model CMIP5333-S. if you want to see them side by side

SDguy

n3wb
Reaction score
The Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-IS seems to have audio. Does this just mean as audio input for an external mic vs an onboard mic?[h=1][/h]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct, it needs and external mic and/or speaker.