Best Doorbell Camera - Amcrest AD410?

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I currently have a Skybell doorbell but it doesn't integrate with BlueIris. I did some research and it seems the Amcrest AD410 is the best option for integration into BI. Are there other good competitive options?

Also note that I don't have any gong. I have two wires going to the doorbell, i.e. a 2-wire cable and Ethernet but the 2-wire (and Ethernet) cable goes to an equipment room so there is no gong there. Instead, I want to somehow integrate this with Alexa/HomeSeer. What I did with my Skybell is using an Arduino and then trigger an announcement through Alexa but it still doesn't allow me to see and record video through BI.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I currently have a Skybell doorbell but it doesn't integrate with BlueIris. I did some research and it seems the Amcrest AD410 is the best option for integration into BI. Are there other good competitive options?

Also note that I don't have any gong. I have two wires going to the doorbell, i.e. a 2-wire cable and Ethernet but the 2-wire (and Ethernet) cable goes to an equipment room so there is no gong there. Instead, I want to somehow integrate this with Alexa/HomeSeer. What I did with my Skybell is using an Arduino and then trigger an announcement through Alexa but it still doesn't allow me to see and record video through BI.
I went from Skybell to the earlier AD110 model of Amcrest's doorbell, and now to the AD410. Yours is a bit unusual in that you already have an ethernet cable to the connection point. I did not and it may have changed my selection if I had decided to run a cable there. For my part, I am mostly happy with the AD410 integrated with BI. Someone in a previous thread said he contacted Amcrest about using the AD410 with Blue Iris and they discouraged him. You can probably find that post with a search.

While I am no help with your HA efforts, I am happy to share what I have worked with the AD410 in BI.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for your input. Do you happen to know if there is a wireless chime that directly connects to the doorbell? The only thing that I found and that might possible work is the OhmKat but besides the item in the link you also need a special PSU that has a transmitter built in.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for your input. Do you happen to know if there is a wireless chime that directly connects to the doorbell? The only thing that I found and that might possible work is the OhmKat but besides the item in the link you also need a special PSU that has a transmitter built in.

I used the existing doorbell wiring and chime, so I'm afraid I am unable to help. Maybe one of the other folks here who've installed the AD410 will chime in.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.