best IP camera under USD $90?

blimpy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. Which IP cam would you buy if you had a budget of 90 US dollars & want the following features:
1) a motorized zoom lens
2) a mic or audio input
3) MicroSD memory card slot
4) upgradeable firmware

PLus POE, H.265 and the usuals.

After 3 days of trawling the web I think those are the main features I want in my first cam. I was about to buy a Dahua on ebay until I found out the sellers are saying the firmware cannot ( or should not) be upgraded on it. This got me thinking that I should just ask here instead of wasting more time. I was mainly looking at HIKVISION and DAHUA models since I understand they are the market leaders and should (?) be making decent stuff.

The camera will be used for some pranks with the nieces and nephews at first. After that I may put it to serious use. I basically want to learn about IP cams on a decent 'starter' cam.

I will not have an NVR connected. Appreciate any tips and model suggestions.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE can do all. Seems original english one no 90usd one, all are fixed lens, IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE this, if use slow way can do around 100usd.
Hacked models not recommend.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. Which IP cam would you buy if you had a budget of 90 US dollars & want the following features:
1) a motorized zoom lens
2) a mic or audio input
4) upgradeable firmware

After 3 days of trawling the web I think those are the main features I want in my first cam. I was about to buy a Dahua on ebay until I found out the sellers are saying the firmware cannot ( or should not) be upgraded on it. This got me thinking that I should just ask here instead of wasting more time. I was mainly looking at HIKVISION and DAHUA models since I understand they are the market leaders and should (?) be making decent stuff.

The camera will be used for some pranks with the nieces and nephews at first. After that I may put it to serious use. I basically want to learn about IP cams on a decent 'starter' cam.

For a longer-winded version of what Andy said, hit the Wiki at the top of the page, and check out the cliff notes contained therein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd be interested in such a camera. My current experience says you need to either double your budget or cut the feature list.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) a motorized zoom lens
2) a mic or audio input
4) upgradeable firmware

Welcome Blimpy,

Andy, giomania, and tigerwillow, has given some good inputs.

Definitely look at the cliff notes.

Considering your requirements:
1) a motorized zoom lens - few under $90 cameras have this
2) a mic or audio input
3) MicroSD memory card slot - few affordable Chinese market cameras have these
4) upgradeable firmware - thus avoid Chinese market cameras

Tigerwillow is right, looks like you will need to drop a requirement(s) or increase your price point.

Andy indicates a good camera: IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE - which will meet requirements #2, 3, 4 at close to your price point.