Best Safest way to upload & view images

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Couldn't find info for this so....

SNMP/SNMPv3, FTP, Email, HTTPS, QoS, Wi-Fi;

I'm currently using email via TLS encryption to upload images but am wanting to look at other online options as later on I'll have more cameras. I'd rather have something bit more user-friendly when viewing any uploaded images, like viewing all together & not in single emails. And I'm already having a minor issue with email access being blocked for 24hours for spam or some nonsense.

So I'd like to know what's the safest way to upload images from the camera? Preferably without any extra costs. Any instructions on how to do so would also be great.

Thanks!

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What's your internet connection like?

I have an unlimited plan. I do send line crossing emails to gmail and an internal FTP for line crossing and intrusion detection.
If there is something out of the ordinary, I VPN in and check out live view and also take a look at the files on my FTP.
I use X-plore app on Android to view the file structure on FTP and not just single files as you would off a regular FTP server.

EDIT: Adding screens of the app I use.

Attachments

Last edited:

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Internet connection is not amazing but currently doing the job, plenty of data but upload is 5Mb, so I can & will probably need to increase this the more cameras I get. I can currently live stream 2 cameras via net & I'll get more as time goes by. I'd prefer a secure way to upload offsite/externally so guessing was asking which of these were best/securest.

How many cameras do you have sending emails to gmail? I've got mine set up to send/receive to same gmail address but find looking at images on each email isn't overly user friendly.

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How many cameras do you have sending emails to gmail? I've got mine set up to send/receive to same gmail address but find looking at images on each email isn't overly user friendly.
I have 4 cameras that will send emails.
One camera will also send me Face Detection but I think I have to turn off the email portion of it. As it some how detects faces in the glare of the sun and I get bombbarded with up to 80+ emails in about 2 minutes time.

As for secure off site storage, maybe someone else has an idea for you.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As for secure off site storage, maybe someone else has an idea for you.
Yeah well google isn't helping :(. After hours & hours of searching & reading I can't seem to find any user friendly info that explains all these options/concepts in relation to cameras. Seems email & FTP are only way to upload images remotely/offsite, but surely that's not right you'd think there'd be other ways ie HTTPS :confused:.