Best Used Camera - Night Vision

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua 5231 and love it but I now want to know what is better (or the next level up in low light performance) in the mini-bullet/dome or turret size - I assume it's Axis, Bosch, Samsung but wanted to know what models you'd recommend for general home security - would there by anything new or used for under $500 that would be significantly better than the 5231? If there is an old thread I searched and didn't find it - but please let me know if I missed it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Dahua 5231 and love it but I now want to know what is better (or the next level up in low light performance) in the mini-bullet/dome or turret size - I assume it's Axis, Bosch, Samsung but wanted to know what models you'd recommend for general home security - would there by anything new or used for under $500 that would be significantly better than the 5231? If there is an old thread I searched and didn't find it - but please let me know if I missed it.
Ultra starlight

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nayr - I looked over your review of the 8232 and I think I need to drop my requirement for a mini-bullet. The side-by-side/comparison shots of the 5231 vs. the 8232 are fairly significant - now I just need to get over the size. Thanks!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
nayr - I looked over your review of the 8232 and I think I need to drop my requirement for a mini-bullet. The side-by-side/comparison shots of the 5231 vs. the 8232 are fairly significant - now I just need to get over the size. Thanks!
And they cost almost double