Best Way to Download 4K Video?

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the best way to download 4K video?

UI3 won't download in 4K, only 720p using slow-transcode, and the Blue Iris app is allowing me to record in 720p.

I've gone to the advanced web server settings but don't know what to change them to. I've looked at the manual for Blue Iris but am just confused.

Maybe I should have stayed with Arlo Pro for the convenience.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the best way to download 4K video?

UI3 won't download in 4K, only 720p using slow-transcode, and the Blue Iris app is allowing me to record in 720p.

I've gone to the advanced web server settings but don't know what to change them to. I've looked at the manual for Blue Iris but am just confused.

Maybe I should have stayed with Arlo Pro for the convenience.
Yes you should have stayed with arlo pro, it is very convenient:rolleyes:, particularly their excellent 4k camera:rolleyes:..gotta be a fool to use blue iris with all the options provided...particularly the ability to actually capture the incident....
For what its worth, you can export 4k video using UI3 as well as the actual server interface. User Error.

Last edited:

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes you should have stayed with arlo pro, it is very convenient:rolleyes:, particularly their excellent 4k camera:rolleyes:..gotta be a fool to use blue iris with all the options provided...particularly the ability to actually capture the incident....
For what its worth, you can export 4k video using UI3 as well as the actual server interface. User Error.
I've tried UI3 and it's just using 720p with the slow-transcode, even when using it on the Blue Iris PC. I've been able to export with Blue Iris itself on the PC but I've been trying to figure out how to do it on the phone.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your not going to be able to export 4k from the phone. I can export a clip just fine with UI3. Right click on the clip/alert and choose export as AVI. I just tested it and it exported/downloaded a 25 second clip in like 4 seconds. Checked the clip and it exported at 3840x2160 (which is my 4k camera resolution) Not sure what problem your having.

I haven't changed any settings in UI3