Best way to give support access to a camera on the land?

Reaction score
port forward using an obscure port? or use my camera website and port forward through that? I only have one dedicaited ip so giving it it's own IP would take an act of God or comcast.

thanks

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In general, I would not feel comfortable exposing a camera/nvr through port-forwarding.

If it was a quick one-time thing and I was going to be around, I'd probably setup TeamViewer and let the person get to the camera via remote controlling my computer (with me watching everything).

If it's an on-going support thing <where I might not be available when they want to work>, I'd look into creating a VPN account for the person to be able to connect to my network.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you need to give access to Blue Iris support, you could ask for his IP address so you can create a forwarding rule that only works from that one address.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I only have one dedicaited ip so giving it it's own IP would take an act of God or comcast.
It's the WAN IP that you have only 1 of, assigned by your ISP, your router is able pass out dozens (LAN) and how & what is under your command.

Since you're on a Blue Iris forum, I echo @looney2ns : what is it you're wanting to do? Is it to allow someone to log in remotely over the Internet and view a specific cam or cams?