Best way to playback and giving the evidence to someone else?

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi. Tires of 2 cars was erupted in my garage last morning. The owners of the cars wanted my cam footage. I didn't find what happened. I see only 2 kids nearby. They was playing hide and seek. Playback and rendering the footages cost me 10 hours.

1-) I don't have a NVR. My setup is: cam is ethernet cable connected to the router, HDD is USB-cable connected to the router, my computer is ethetnet cable connected to the router. I can not playback more than 2 times faster.

-) When I download the footages via iVMS-4200, I can not download faster than 1.5MB/sec. When I direct download the footages from the HDD on the network, my download speed is 25MBs/sec. It may be better than that with the USB 3.0 cable I think, my router supports USB 3.0.

Even when I get the footages, they are so many parts. I playback them with the VLC player with fast seeking.

What is your suggestions to me? If I buy a NVR, how fast I can playback? Thanks.

Last edited:

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My NVR plays back at 16x but thats why i have tripwires. It lets me see where the alarms were in the continuous recording.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My NVR plays back at 16x but thats why i have tripwires. It lets me see where the alarms were in the continuous recording.

What is your NVR model? Is it easy to setup? How do you export the evidence? Thanks.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a dahua nvr4108p. Its entry level and pretty much plug and play. I've never exported but its done with usb memory stick.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Cossie,

You used the word "evidence", which implies the police would be involved. And the "evidence" might be used in a court.
This thread discusses some of the possible hurdles for the video to be "admissable"
Blackview DR650S-2CH-IR

Homeowners probably have an easier time submitting video to Law Enforcement than video submitted from city buses or police cams.

That aside, I hear you want to make file of the cam footage. Maybe turn over a DVD with the footage. (Something I've done in the past)

What is your suggestions to me?
I suggest downloading all the video to your PC.
Yes, it will be slow. While downloading, go have a beer or mow the lawn.

Then process the video.
a) There is a way to search through recorded video for motion. Even if MD wasn't enabled at the time of recording. I just looked for that feature, and couldn't locate it, so these instructions are from memory. You'll get a screen showing the recorded image, and the screen will be divided into cells, maybe 32x32. Then you activate the cells you want to be processed for MD. The software will then process the recorded video, looking for changes in those cells.
D can't remember if that feature is in SmartPSS, the NVR web ui, or the NVR native ui. Since you don't have an NVR, this may not work for you.

b) Look for something that changed as a result of the slashed tires. Compare the "Before" shot to the "After" shot. Early afternoon, the tires were okay = "Before". When flat tires discovered = "After". Find a difference. eg: A car with slashed tires will sit lower. Then go to midpoint of all the recorded video. Car okay? Then the slashing occurred in the 2nd half of the recorded video. Go to the midpoint of the 2nd half. Car ok? Slashing occurred in final 1/4 of video. Keep dividing the video in half, homing in.

Still painful....

Fastb

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cossie,

You used the word "evidence", which implies the police would be involved. And the "evidence" might be used in a court.
This thread discusses some of the possible hurdles for the video to be "admissable"
Blackview DR650S-2CH-IR

Homeowners probably have an easier time submitting video to Law Enforcement than video submitted from city buses or police cams.

That aside, I hear you want to make file of the cam footage. Maybe turn over a DVD with the footage. (Something I've done in the past)

I suggest downloading all the video to your PC.
Yes, it will be slow. While downloading, go have a beer or mow the lawn.

Then process the video.
a) There is a way to search through recorded video for motion. Even if MD wasn't enabled at the time of recording. I just looked for that feature, and couldn't locate it, so these instructions are from memory. You'll get a screen showing the recorded image, and the screen will be divided into cells, maybe 32x32. Then you activate the cells you want to be processed for MD. The software will then process the recorded video, looking for changes in those cells.
D can't remember if that feature is in SmartPSS, the NVR web ui, or the NVR native ui. Since you don't have an NVR, this may not work for you.

b) Look for something that changed as a result of the slashed tires. Compare the "Before" shot to the "After" shot. Early afternoon, the tires were okay = "Before". When flat tires discovered = "After". Find a difference. eg: A car with slashed tires will sit lower. Then go to midpoint of all the recorded video. Car okay? Then the slashing occurred in the 2nd half of the recorded video. Go to the midpoint of the 2nd half. Car ok? Slashing occurred in final 1/4 of video. Keep dividing the video in half, homing in.

Still painful....

Fastb
Thank you. Yes it still look painful. I think the way for fast downloading is just works for me, at least for now. I see the HDD in "My Computer" and when I open it I see 2 folders:

kl.jpg

I don't know why there is 2 folders. But they looks like this:
kl2.jpg kl3.jpg

I didn't find the sorting algoritm for the record files. They are mixed and file names means nothing.

If I can put in order them, it works for me. I can really fast download them in this way.