Best way to troubleshoot "404 Stream Not Found" ?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I moved all my cameras over from a Hikvision NVR to Blue Iris this weekend. Everything is working fine except one camera's stream isn't detected. I get a No Signal 404 stream not found. IT worked fine on the NVR.

Yes, this one cam is a cheapie... the only "non Hik or Dahua" on my system, so I'm expecting answers like "solution: toss the camera and buy a Dahua" ( :facepalm: :banghead: ) but the camera was doing fine for its application before and I'd like to troubleshoot whatever the problem is.

I've got the IP address fine and I can log into the camera no problem; stream looks good when I hit the address from a browser. I've set the cam to use a couple different frame rates, CBR and VBR, etc..

Any ideas?

Inspecting it gives:

Igenic1.jpg Igenic2.jpg
Set up as:
Igenic3.jpg

I've added it as a "Jennov" or as a "Generic" and both give the same result.

Thoughts on next steps?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I moved all my cameras over from a Hikvision NVR to Blue Iris this weekend. Everything is working fine except one camera's stream isn't detected. I get a No Signal 404 stream not found. IT worked fine on the NVR.

Yes, this one cam is a cheapie... the only "non Hik or Dahua" on my system, so I'm expecting answers like "solution: toss the camera and buy a Dahua" ( :facepalm: :banghead: ) but the camera was doing fine for its application before and I'd like to troubleshoot whatever the problem is.

I've got the IP address fine and I can log into the camera no problem; stream looks good when I hit the address from a browser. I've set the cam to use a couple different frame rates, CBR and VBR, etc..

Any ideas?

Inspecting it gives:

View attachment 29239 View attachment 29240
Set up as:
View attachment 29241

I've added it as a "Jennov" or as a "Generic" and both give the same result.

Thoughts on next steps?
check to see if it has a separate onvif password...
also see this How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list
also double check ports, passwords ip...

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Oddly enough, on the 5th time I added it, it started working just fine. No good explanation about what I did different this time. One of those weird things. Maybe a reboot along the way goosed it along.