Better Mouse Trap

dalepa

Reaction score
I've been trying to come up with a way to reduce the number of field rats without putting out poison or traps, so and idea hit me last weekend..

Use the Coyotes. In 18 years I've only hear them at night, but never seen one...

So...

Stuck a unused Foscam 8905 on the back gate and setup a deer corn feeder and set out some dogfood...

2nd night, Coyote chased off and hopefully ate a few rats!

Finally found a use case for my low quality Foscam 8905 :)

Now, I may put another closeup Hikvision 2.8mm for some better IQ.

[video=youtu;sqJljF1b3vY]http://youtu.be/sqJljF1b3vY[/video]

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have plenty of coyotes in So Cal. They really prefer to eat house cats and small cute dogs, the cuter the better they taste. Most pet owners hate Coyotes, but I like them because they control the wild bunny population which tends to grow in April and deposit unwanted colored eggs.

Contrary to popular belief, I do see the roadrunner population decline when there's a healthy pack of coyotes around. Used to see more roadrunners at my last neighborhood.

As for seeing them, all the time at night, out in plain site on the road.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Strange... when I clicked play on the possum movie it wouldn't load. Instead when I click up arrow it launched the centipede game.
youtube.JPG

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for side tracking the thread.
It turns out the centipede is part of youtube video. I found one article dated in 2010 that described it. I also found that if you go to a youtube video, pause it, click outside the video and type in 1980 you get Missile Command.