BI 10 camera install

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally got the time to get the 10th cam installed.

6x Hikvision ds-2cd3332-i (all running full 3MP)
2x Hikvision ds-2cd2532f-is (both running full 3MP)
1x Hikvision ds-2cd2732f-is (running full 3MP)
1x Dahua IPC-HFW2100SN (running 1.3MP)

BI is running 44-54% cpu on an i7-3770k.

Thanks a lot @networkcameracritic for helping me spend my money. :rolleyes:

BI10cam2.JPG

The top 5 are for the sides and rear of the house. The bottom 5 are my front porch, it is 75' across and has 2 15'x10' wings on it. It needed decent coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks nice! It also looks like you're using Blue Iris for the time / date overlay, you can free up some system resources by using the camera itself for the time and date and also recording direct to disc in Blue Iris. I record 8 Hikvision (all in 1080P), 4 Hikvision sub streams and 9 Foscam MJPEG cameras with the same processor and my cpu idles around 17%

gbodybilly

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you have your frame rates set at? Running 9 of 10 cameras at full 3MP at 49% +/-5% has me curious.

dalepa

Reaction score
WOW. That's one fully covered porch! What's about vehicles? After setting up 2032s in my front yard, I quickly realized that I the FOV was good for people entering, but didn't capture the vehicles that the came in... So another 2032@12mm did the trick...

Attachments

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have to adjust one of the cams to cover the drive better. I have pretty good coverage, only a few feet here and there not covered.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very nice. Got 10 cams laying in a box. But I think my cpu will be stressed much more since it's a older i7.
Have you checked what the power usage is at that percentage of cpu use.
Very curious.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that a new option on BlueIris? Have not seen it but I'm running an older version.
Under BI Options, under Cameras tab. There is an option to set live preview fps. Then you set your recording on the actual camera properties page.

Very nice. Got 10 cams laying in a box. But I think my cpu will be stressed much more since it's a older i7.
Have you checked what the power usage is at that percentage of cpu use.
Very curious.
My UPS shows .108kw (CPU is running 70-75% with several apps running atm) output without the monitors on. Jumps to .28kw with both 24" LCD monitors on.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome Setup, thanks for sharing...

take your monitors off your UPS, if there is a power outage you dont need them sucking down power.. hook your UPS into your BI server and you can configure it to cleanly shutdown before batteries are tapped so you wont even need a monitor..

unless of course your worried about the swat team killing your services before they come storming in; but I dont think having your monitor on to watch your ass get handed to you is going to help :)

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have only lost power 1 or 2 times for more than 10 minutes or so in the last 5 years. So, it will hold everything on for that. I can turn off the monitors if it will be longer and they are only on when I am using the system.

We live between 2 Hospital locations, one is 500' to one side, the other is about half mile the other side on the same road. So our power gets restored very quickly for obvious reasons.