BI 2 cameras live view side by side possible?

Ball Sac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Screenshots of the 2 cameras below. Is it possible to somehow watch the 2 cameras live in the console side by side to get a wide view of the front of my home? Maybe 2 monitors or any ideas? Any help will be appreciated. ThanksScreenshot (116).png Screenshot (117).png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In the right click menu there is a "Layout" submenu with several options that will help you size the cameras more to your liking. You can also drag and drop the cameras to rearrange them.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can also go to BI 'options', 'users' and create a new user named something like "2favs".
Then go to cam 1 'properties', 'general', 'groups' and select the user created above ("2favs").
Do the same for cam 2.
Then in lower left screen of BI, select the group named "2favs" instead of "All Cameras", as below.
To switch back, just change to "All Cameras" instead of "2favs".

DISPLAY_GROUP.jpg

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
You can also go to BI 'options', 'users' and create a new user named something like "2favs".
Then go to cam 1 'properties', 'general', 'groups' and select the user created above ("2favs").
Do the same for cam 2.
Then in lower left screen of BI, select the group named "2favs" instead of "All Cameras", as below.
To switch back, just change to "All Cameras" instead of "2favs".

View attachment 25658
You don't have to create a new user....just go to each of those 2 cameras properties/general/groups and just create a new group called 2favs or whatever....then do as TonyR stated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't have to create a new user....just go to each of those 2 cameras properties/general/groups and just create a new group called 2favs or whatever....then do as TonyR stated.
True, but if you log into BI server's UI pages from another PC or from the BI smartphone app using the user '2favs', you have a choice of displaying only the 2 cams configured for user '2favs'; you won't have to see ALL the cams.

Thanks for your input, @Tinman , now @Ball Sac has another option! :)

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
True, but if you log into BI server's UI pages from another PC or from the BI smartphone app using the user '2favs', you have a choice of displaying only the 2 cams configured for user '2favs'; you won't have to see ALL the cams.
You don't have to log in as another user....using BI app you just navigate to the group you want....then click the gear icon below and then click "Set as first view" And as far as UI3 goes it will always go to the last group that was selected when you close it.....unless I missed it, this might be something @bp2008 could add to UI3 as well.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't have to log in as another user....using BI app you just navigate to the group you want....then click the gear icon below and then click "Set as first view" And as far as UI3 goes it will always go to the last group that was selected when you close it.....unless I missed it, this might be something @bp2008 could add to UI3 as well.
Understood and I will keep that option in mind, thanks!
I created a new user with its own password so this person could log in remotely and view only the 1 cam out of 8 that I wanted him to see.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But wait... there's more! My wife irks me when she switches the PC input off... but.. you can drag each camera view onto desktop into a nearly frameless window, you can even stack them like cards and set each one to come side up once triggered! That option is under trigger tab. I suggest having this as a mode where you don't use PC, as that popup also sets BI back "on top. "

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah. You will have to avoid them going back to side by side as you drag (i drag into 2nd monitor) as theyll Snap into a shared window, if his recent changes didnt mess up this, you can overlap well, and it stacks in inverse order of last activity. Takes a minute or five to set up.