BI 4.3.3 demo, testing moving clips to stored, continue to be saved to

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I want to test the move to stored and my batch move of the files in stored to cloud storage.
I have clips, limit clip age set to 1 hour.

it should move the clip file to the 'Stored' folder from New.. - works..
I trigger a new clip... should create a new clip in folder New.. oops.. doesn't do this. it records into the file moved to Stored..??

on the camera settings , record tab, it has Combine or cut video each, set at '8 hours or 4 gb'.

are the cameras in charge of the data placement or BI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras do nothing except send a stream to blue iris and if set properly can trigger blue iris...first disable combine and cut.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sorry, those are on the camera PROPERTIES.. which should be overridden by BI main.. if BI main says move every hour, then then combine and chop should restart on each move..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry, those are on the camera PROPERTIES.. which should be overridden by BI main.. if BI main says move every hour, then then combine and chop should restart on each move..
No, it wont because the file is still open for writing....if you want to do it, the disable combine and cut.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks.. but now I have a a couple dozen clips.. in the same 15 minutes for my two cameras.. I shouldn't have to set the values in two places..

20 seconds, 40 seconds, 1 minute and half, etc.. for each trigger period..

I just wanted the combined files saved every hour. and later I will set it back to every day.. I 'assumed' on 'day' I would get ONE file.. but it looks like camera settings win, so I will get 3. (or more depending on data size)... ugh..

whats the point of the clip settings, if the camera settings override?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks.. but now I have a a couple dozen clips.. in the same 15 minutes for my two cameras.. I shouldn't have to set the values in two places..

20 seconds, 40 seconds, 1 minute and half, etc.. for each trigger period..

I just wanted the combined files saved every hour. and later I will set it back to every day.. I 'assumed' on 'day' I would get ONE file.. but it looks like camera settings win, so I will get 3. (or more depending on data size)... ugh..

whats the point of the clip settings, if the camera settings override?
You dont have to set values in two places...they are completely different settings...If you set combine and cut to one day then you will get one large file for the day...problem with large files is they can be a pain to open/upload...However, if you do this, blue iris cannot upload parts of a file every hour, the file is kept open so it can be written to...you cant have both..