BI 4.5.8.2 clips not right

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Just noticed some of my cams are not recording right. They are all Dahua. I went back to 4.5.7.4 and so far it has gone away. Any body else seeing this ?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, all of mine looked normal. Is this H.264 or H.265?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
H.264....I should have mentioned these are also continuous recordings.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have figured out the cause. By looking at BI's log file, as soon as I did the update to 4.5.8.2 last night I was getting "signal network retry" and "signal network restored" off and on every 15 to 30 minutes. This morning once I downgraded to 4.5.7.4 the network issues stopped. I will let Ken know and see if he can shed some light as to what is causing this issue.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Update to this issue: Ken thought it was just a coincidence that this happened and suggested I make sure my anti virus was configured to exempt BI and its clip folders, which I checked and all were still there. So I updated back to 4.5.8.2 and so far after 24 hrs. I have no network issues. So now I am trying to figure out why my cams had this issue. It involved 8 of my cams at different times and they are on 3 different POE switches. 2 of the poe switches connect to a 16 port switch and 1 directly to router port. This makes me think the router had a issue ?? I checked the log on the router and didn't see much of anything except a lot of DHCP messages. I did some house cleaning in there and reserved some of my wireless devices and will see if that helps, but I am not holding my breath on this one. Anything else anyone can think of I should check ??

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Was thinking about my BI machine's nic settings....does anyone ever bother setting these or leave it all default ? There is a lot of settings that I really don't know what to have here. I would think this would be critical since everything travels through it. Here is a screen shot of mine. I did disable "green Ethernet" and "energy efficient Ethernet

network.JPG

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I never played with my NIC settings. Personally, if 4.5.8.2 was the only change made in your environment that's otherwise had no issues, I'd be inclined to believe it was related to that upgrade. I'm having some weird login issues that nobody else is having, and the only change on my end was 4.5.8.2.

Hopefully when this happens to one of your cameras, it shows up on Statistics > Cameras (and the NoSignal column). Would make it easy to monitor for.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was having the same issue after upgrading to 4.6.2 (from 4.3 i believe). I went through the log file and that lead me to another issue which seems to have resolved this issue. Try
Unchecking pull point subscription in blue iris video configuration settings for any camera you're having an issue with