BI 4 Playback issues

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
Please help, I'm having issue with playback with four of my eight cameras (Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I). I'm using BI4 x64 with latest update (01/28/15). Settings are 1080p and 10 fps or 6 fps. I have a feeling BI4 is the issue, because I didn't have these issues in BI3.

Issue 1:
Two cams are having this issue out of the When I want to play recording in BI, there is a blank screen for a few seconds and then the video plays. Feels very sluggish to start, but other cam recordings are fine.

Issue 2:
I have two other cameras that have issues with playback. There is this kind of pixelation trailing around any moving object. I changed setting from direct-to-disk to re-encoding, which seems to alleviate the issue. But now I'm sure CPU usage will go back up. I'm trying to keep things stable and less CPU intensive. Any reason why these two cams are having this issue because others are fine.

Any help or ideas would be awesome!

J

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..dont know about your first issue...as far as the ghosting/pixelation there are several things to try...
1) match the cameras iframe to the fps - in camera settings
2) increase the cameras frame rate settings - in blue iris- so if your camera is set to 10fps, set blue iris to 12 or 15...and uncheck auto adjust..
3) increase the network buffer from 1.5mb to 10..in blue iris...
4)try decreasing or turning of the noise reduction on the camera

Reactions: jlx

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
The first issue is a new thing for me too, its like delay in playback for 3-5 seconds. Will try your suggestions for the second issue I'm having. But weird that if I do re-encode the ghosting doesn't happen. Will let you know if issue is resolved. Thanks fenderman for quick response.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The first issue is a new thing for me too, its like delay in playback for 3-5 seconds. Will try your suggestions for the second issue I'm having. But weird that if I do re-encode the ghosting doesn't happen. Will let you know if issue is resolved. Thanks fenderman for quick response.
yes is a common issue when using direct to disc and hikvision/dahua cams.

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
Works great! This also seemed to fix a slight lag/slow motion issue with one of the cameras. Hopefully this also fixes the blank screen before playback issue. Thanks Fenderman!
Quick question what does the network buffer do? I saw people talk about it in another forum but no explanation.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Which solution solved the problem?
Not sure what the buffer does...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The ghosting is resolved.
I understand...i was wondering which solution of the 4 resolved the problem
1) match the cameras iframe to the fps - in camera settings
2) increase the cameras frame rate settings - in blue iris- so if your camera is set to 10fps, set blue iris to 12 or 15...and uncheck auto adjust..
3) increase the network buffer from 1.5mb to 10..in blue iris...
4)try decreasing or turning of the noise reduction on the camera
Or was it a combination of them?

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh sorry. My cameras are set to 10 fps and in BI 4 I set them to 12.5 and unchecked adjust automatically. In BI4 I increased the network buffer from 1.5mb to 10mb. I kept noise reduction on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh sorry. My cameras are set to 10 fps and in BI 4 I set them to 12.5 and unchecked adjust automatically. In BI4 I increased the network buffer from 1.5mb to 10mb. I kept noise reduction on.
Cool, thanks for the feedback...

Reactions: jlx

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
I deleted the cameras that had the issues with blank screen delay before playback, then I setup cameras again in BI4. Now they work fine. Not sure what happened. Now all cameras work. Thought I'd throw this info in just in case someone had same issue.

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
I deleted the cameras that had the issues with blank screen delay before playback, then I setup cameras again in BI4. Now they work fine. Not sure what happened. Now all cameras work. Thought I'd throw this info in just in case someone had same issue.
Yesterday had issues with playing recordings, the blank screen and playback on two outdoor Hivkision DS-CD2032-I cams. I changed the POE switch from Trendnet TPE-S80 to Netgear M4100. So far seemed to have resolved the issue.

xxnumbxx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have blank screen on playback on all cameras. I have tried adjusting the I frame interval to match frame rate, set matching frame rates in camera settings and bi, changed network buffer to 10mbs still no luck. Only way I can see any playback video is to watch the last couple of min. of video, anything prior is just a blank screen. Any other ideas? I am running hikvision cameras with d2d.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have blank screen on playback on all cameras. I have tried adjusting the I frame interval to match frame rate, set matching frame rates in camera settings and bi, changed network buffer to 10mbs still no luck. Only way I can see any playback video is to watch the last couple of min. of video, anything prior is just a blank screen. Any other ideas? I am running hikvision cameras with d2d.
This suggestions were for the OP's second issue and are not related to playback issues. First make sure you are running the latest update to blue iris. If you are not already recording to BVR then try that and see if it helps...

xxnumbxx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have BI 4.0.1.11 which appears to be the newest version. I am recording with container format (Blue Iris DVR)"guessing this is BVR", and using d2d option. Playback worked fine with re-encode setting but CPU usage is to high.

xxnumbxx

n3wb
Reaction score
I uninstalled BI, reinstalled and reconfigured and added all cameras. Seems to be working now. Also, no more ghosting. Not sure what the problem was but, will keep an eye on it now.

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have BI 4.0.1.11 which appears to be the newest version. I am recording with container format (Blue Iris DVR)"guessing this is BVR", and using d2d option. Playback worked fine with re-encode setting but CPU usage is to high.
What's your setup and how many cameras? I have i5's and 8GB Ram for two setups, one is BI3 (all Hikvision 2xx2 and one is BI4 mix of Trendnet and Hikvision., don't get Trendnet). I kind of resolved it by deleting them and adding again. I think it helped, but once in a while I get the blank screen. Weirdly BI3 works fine, no issues, smooth running system. BI4 I get the blank screen and pixelation issues. I am thinking it may be the 64 bit issue, or bandwidth issue. Try delete and add cams and see if it helps. OR you can try BI4 32 bit, which may work better. Let me know if you find a solution.

xxnumbxx

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running a total of 12 cameras, mostly hikvision. I have a CMIP7432-28m, 3-CMIP8232, 6 CMIP9723-S and a couple of swann analog cameras which I run through a swann DVR. PC is a i5 w/8gb ram also. It is just one of the microcenter specials a powerspec b648. CPU sits at about 36% which I am happy with. The computer also runs a SQL query database for the store POS so not bad at all. I actually reinstalled BI and readded cameras just prior to your last post and all has been running well for the past couple few days. I have noticed some slight ghosting on one of the cameras when a car drives by. The ghosting is only present during playback (above 1x), so I am not to concerned. I will keep an eye on things and post back if I notice any changes in the quality or recording issues. Thanks for the help.

xxnumbxx

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I have problems again. I am starting to notice some ghosting specifically at night and also some recording issues(Cameras are triggered for motion will play for about 10 seconds and then about 20 seconds of video will just randomly disappear, and the car is gone). I have a 90 frame pre-trigger set and a 300sec break time. Unfortunately I may have to switch to IVMS for reliability until some of the bugs are hashed out of BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I have problems again. I am starting to notice some ghosting specifically at night and also some recording issues(Cameras are triggered for motion will play for about 10 seconds and then about 20 seconds of video will just randomly disappear, and the car is gone). I have a 90 frame pre-trigger set and a 300sec break time. Unfortunately I may have to switch to IVMS for reliability until some of the bugs are hashed out of BI.
When ghosting is mentioned with respect to BI it generally refers to pixelation of the moving object and then some freeze/stutter...if you are seeing motion blue at night, that is most likely the camera itself..fast moving objects will cause this....test with the cameras interface..
Make sure object detect reject is disabled...