BI 5 forgets settings

edstrong

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I installed BI 5 (and then deleted and reinstalled) it refuses to remember any changes to the general settings or individual settings. It appears to save the changes I make (and the date stamp of the .reg files updates accordingly) but when I run BI 5 again it's forgotten the changes. Any ideas? Thanks.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In regedit open Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris and see if anything looks suspicious (like maybe it is missing).

You should have a bunch of subfolders in there like this, with one folder under Cameras for each camera you have configured:

edstrong

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I have all those folders and they contain data. I'm also getting the error "Unable to delete import key - adjust permissions" when I run BI 5, the problems may be related.

edstrong

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, was looking on wrong PC. All the folders are there but they have no content.

edstrong

n3wb
Reaction score
Solution! Save BI .reg files on a USB stick and remove from PC. Uninstall BI and then delete EVERYTHING related to BI on the PC- search and delete all BI folders, search and delete ALL BI registry entries. Then reinstall BI, copy across .reg files from USB stick and import them into BI and the problems have all gone!

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Solution! Save BI .reg files on a USB stick and remove from PC. Uninstall BI and then delete EVERYTHING related to BI on the PC- search and delete all BI folders, search and delete ALL BI registry entries. Then reinstall BI, copy across .reg files from USB stick and import them into BI and the problems have all gone!
Exactly what I had to do.