BI 5 push notification for ios not working

Reaction score
Everything is working so far, but I am not getting any push notifications on my iphone.

I get a red dot on the icon and a number. No actual idea what this number means ... I am sure it relates to something, but I can't work out what. But this was the same as in BI4.

However when I get a trigger it doesn't notify me. I got notifications turned on, on my phone.

I even set an action on trigger to push. I hit test and nothing .. nada ..

Any ideas anyone?

logeox

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue. After I updated to BI5 notifications were working fine. There were a lot of bugs in this version though. I coudlnt even configure the cameras settings. I am on the latest version as of yesterday and everything seems to be stable. however I dont get push notifications. I am using Sentry, I expect to only get push for those identified items but I am not. When I look a the app I clearly have notification badges form events. When I look at eh web stream I clearly have Sentry identified alerts but non of them trigger a notification. The UI is set up for notifications but the one thing I noticed is in the IOS app notification seem to be off for each camera. When I toggle it on it turns itself back off. I ve re checked everything and dont know where to go from here.

Carlsbl

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow! After all my lurking and using what I have read I think I can assist you on this.

Open Blue Iris settings, select your mobile devices, edit and add a "tag" and enable push notifications.

Annotation 2019-06-16 194644.png

Open the settings for the camera that you want to enable alerts on, click on Alerts, in Alerts in the Actions click the "On Trigger" button and then click the "+" sign and add a Push Notification.
xAnnotation 2019-06-16 200240.png

Now you need to make sure alerts are enabled and that you have entered the correct tag that you created earlier.

Annotation 2019-06-16 195227.png

I hope this helps. I just went thru this yesterday. I am not a document writer and it's Father's Day so please pardon any errors. I think it should help point the right way for you.

Happy Father's Day to all fathers and just a Happy Day to everyone else!

Brian

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also when testing a particular action alert, be sure the global profile is set for the alert you're testing.

Craigm

n3wb
Reaction score
It just made my life better! Thank you for the detailed explanation with pictures!
A BIGGGG Help!

pnybug

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question. On push navigation > Configure Push Notification.. there is a text box labelled "Required mobile device tags", does this mean I can enter multiple device tags ? If so what is the delimiter. I tried (device 1 , device 2 ) and it didn't work.

Thanks

upload_2019-8-14_15-23-9.png

Reaction score
Wow! After all my lurking and using what I have read I think I can assist you on this.

Open Blue Iris settings, select your mobile devices, edit and add a "tag" and enable push notifications.

Open the settings for the camera that you want to enable alerts on, click on Alerts, in Alerts in the Actions click the "On Trigger" button and then click the "+" sign and add a Push Notification.

Now you need to make sure alerts are enabled and that you have entered the correct tag that you created earlier.

I hope this helps. I just went thru this yesterday. I am not a document writer and it's Father's Day so please pardon any errors. I think it should help point the right way for you.

Brian

Thank you Brian! I have been trying to figure out why my pictures weren't showing up on push notifications for a while now! This solved my problem!!! THANK YOU!!!

ohlin5

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question. On push navigation > Configure Push Notification.. there is a text box labelled "Required mobile device tags", does this mean I can enter multiple device tags ? If so what is the delimiter. I tried (device 1 , device 2 ) and it didn't work.

Thanks

View attachment 45971
Super late reply, but in case anyone else wonders this it's a ';' rather than a ','. I didn't put spaces in my tags, but something like "note9;pixel3" should work.

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

View attachment 43632

View attachment 43636

View attachment 43635

Brian
This Totally works Thank you also for splaining

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

View attachment 43632

View attachment 43636

View attachment 43635

Brian
THANKS Brian. This works great.