BI ALERTS

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I trying to get BI to show when activity occurs on the time bar but not show it in the alerts list on the right side of BI. I figured how not to show on the alerts list but haven’t figured how to get it to post activity on the time bar. I have the cameras set to continuous record but only want to see a few important camera activitys in the alerts list but again show all on the time bar. Hope I explained this correctly.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The vertical list on the right side shows either:
* alerts (motion-triggers)
* clips (video files)
* flagged clips.
or you can close the list outright if you don't want it taking up space at all.

The timeline should show everything. Bars for all your clips (a unique bar for each unique camera color you've used) and to represent alerts, at the very bottom it should have a set of (short) red bars that each start with a little blue and white icon. I'm not sure you can even configure this timeline behavior, so that should be how it is currently working for you ...

What DO you want to see in the vertical list if not the alerts? "Important camera activities" is one definition of alerts.

Stanley71

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do want to see alerts but only on a couple of cameras not all. Right now the only thing I see in the time line is a single red bar. I have the alters figured out for what I want to see. However the cameras set to continuous don’t show activity for a particular time. I don’t want to have to watch hours of video before I see the time an incident happened. Maybe it can’t be set this way. Still experimenting. Thanks

Last edited: