BI and License Plate Recognition

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for an already proved and working solution of BI integration with LPR software (black list, send alert on specific plate number, keep records months back).
I aim to use dedicated Hikvision 3MP 4mm camera. Is that the recommended camera and what distance it would capture plates?
i want to pay one time payment for SW and install it on my camera LAN. I saw on web DTK LPR software that can get video stream directly from camera or JPG images directly from camera. Can you recommend on a working solution software for BI, or, if I connect the software directly to dedicated IPCam ?

Appreciate your input.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that does not exist and if it does, it's horrendously expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just found this good enough standalone HW + LPR firmware built in with no need of Software installed on PC, having all the features i need. Going to buy it and test it: DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just found this good enough standalone HW + LPR firmware built in with no need of Software installed on PC, having all the features i need. Going to buy it and test it: DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS
How did it work?

I'm interested in that as well

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mike,
Poor support and features i needed were told after purchase to not work in LPR mode.
if you can skip it, do.
I had to develop own push notifications on PC, triggered by FTP image upload (black list) from camera to a PC.