BI and NAS

RNRNCRW

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought a new PC running Windows 10 to run BI. Everything works great except I can no longer see any of my NAS drives within BI. In my prior installation, I configured BI with the NEW folder on my C: drive and the STORED folder on a NAS drive. I could save snapshots and saved video directly to my NAS. I can no longer do so. I can see my NAS drives in other applications (Notepad and Windows Explorer), but I do not see them in BI. Any suggestions.

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you import the BI registry settings or was this a fresh install and configure?
If this was an import, go to options and verify the "Storage" path is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

cltbwc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you perform a rebuild of the database? I had a similar problem with my external drives (vs. a NAS).

RNRNCRW

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
I imported the BI registry settings. However, I have added additional cameras.
I did not perform an explicit rebuild of the database. However, it is scheduled to compact/repair each night.
I have been running my two systems in parallel for about a week. I just put the new PC into production yesterday. At that time I noticed the problem when I tried to save a snapshot to a NAS.

RNRNCRW

n3wb
Reaction score
In Options/Clips and Archiving, everything is set to the C: drive. When I try to set Stored to my NAS, I cannot do so as they do not show up when I Browse.

RNRNCRW

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a temporary fix using a USB drive. I would still like to find a permanent fix using a NAS drive so I can have the capacity I would like.

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Admittedly I am using a much older version of blue iris than most so my suggestion may not be correct but it's worth a shot. It sounds like there was an installation issue with BI or Windows. It appears that BI calls a standard Windows Explorer prompt provided by Microsoft.

1. Try to re-import your setting registry file. You may need to modify the registry keys yourself using notepad before importing. My "Storage" Path looks like "archive"="E:\\BlueIris\\storage". If for some reason the explorer dialog wont show the folder, this should at least point Blue Iris at the right location.

2. Try re-installing BI, like I said it sounds like BI or Windows is not polling and displaying the sources properly. BI is much easier and faster to re-install than Windows.

Just my 2 cents. I hope you find a solution.

micropone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same problem but on new machine and qnap ts 451.. i set user/permission etc. i can ftp to the directory.. but how do you rebuild db? to stop putting it on C:/. I changed the time to like 5 away nothing works.. i'm setup as Z:/ as a mapped drive! is there another solution?

RNRNCRW

n3wb
Reaction score
I reinstalled BI. It did not help. I do not think it is a windows problem as I can save to my NAS in other programs.

To rebuild the database, simply right click on the clips window on the right side. Select Database. This did not help me.

RNRNCRW

n3wb
Reaction score
Micropone,

I just found out you can directly enter the drive and folder after selecting the Stored folder. Assuming the folder you want to use is Blueiris\storage on your Z drive you enter \\Z:\Blueiris\storage

RNRNCRW

n3wb
Reaction score
Micropone,

Hold off on my last suggestion. Not sure it is the right answer.

RNRNCRW

n3wb
Reaction score
Micropone

It works if you use the IP Address and share instead of the drive letter.
Assume your NAS IP address is 192.168.1.10, Your share is Public. Your folder is Blueiris\Storage.
Thus you need to use \\192.168.1.10\Public\Blueiris\Storage