BI and outdoor foscam losing signal, 2 different setups same issues...wifi n ethernet

lalord69

n3wb
Reaction score
i need some help from the pros...i am at dead end... here are my issues:

i5 intel laptop, 6gb ram, gigabit, nighthawk router, 2 indoor foscams 2 outdoor foscam all on wifi= continued lost of signal on the outdoors ones only

* I have made sure that the fps matches in the camera settings and the BI = same issue
* i upped the buffer from 5 to 10 then 15 then 20 = same issues
* in BI, i change the settings to Direct-To-Disc = same
* all cameras have dhcp reservations thru my router and i triple checked my macs = same issue
* the ip given to the the cameras are within dhcp range
* router has a set channel [7] instead of auto = same issue
* i have tested the signal from where the cameras are with a little wifi "detector" device and with my iphone using a 3rd party software and i have really good strength on both areas, so it is not a no wifi signal issue.

second setup on a different location.

i7 intel laptop, 8gb ram, gigabit, nighthawk router, 3 indoor foscams 2 outdoor foscam [1 on wifi and 1 on ethernet]= continued lost of signal on the outdoors ones only

i have tried the same steps and no luck.. funny thing is that one of the outdoors cameras is thru ethernet and still looses signal!!!

i am lost... dont know where to go anymore...

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Re: BI and outdoor foscam losing signal, 2 different setups same issues...wifi n ethe

I had a lot of trouble with wireless signal on some Foscams even though signal strength tested ok. Mine would lose signal sometimes for a minute, sometimes for over an hour. I never could figure out the cause. I suspect something in the neighborhood was causing some conflict but I never could figure it out so I gave up and wired mine with ethernet, I don't know if that's an option for you or not. I think I've read here on the forum that Foscam wireless is a bit unreliable. maybe more than some of the other brands. The one you have that is ethernet does add a little bit of a puzzle to your problem.