IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

BI and two way audio help

IDLE

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have some annke ip cams. They offer two way audio. When I use the iOS app to try and talk through the camera the sound comes out of the PC speakers and not the camera. The audio from the camera works but talking it doesn’t. I have audio enabled. What am I missing? Shouldn’t the sound come from the camera not the PC?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i have some annke ip cams. They offer two way audio. When I use the iOS app to try and talk through the camera the sound comes out of the PC speakers and not the camera. The audio from the camera works but talking it doesn’t. I have audio enabled. What am I missing? Shouldn’t the sound come from the camera not the PC?
Not sure if this is your exact issue or if your cam is the same model but @fenderman addressed this back in Sept. 2017 with other member in this post ==>> here.

IDLE

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks but that did not really answer why when I use the mic on the IOS app it plays the sound through he computer and not the Camera.

IDLE

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I only bought these cameras because I was told two way audio works for them. Not true unless you use there app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I only bought these cameras because I was told two way audio works for them. Not true unless you use there app.
IT IS TRUE. Why is it that folks claim something does not work just because THEY cannot get it to work...it works you have it setup wrong...there are a number of threads where this is discussed.

IDLE

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did look and saw your post about it. But I have it setup correctly. I emailed BI as well and they told me its setup correctly. So what am I missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did look and saw your post about it. But I have it setup correctly. I emailed BI as well and they told me its setup correctly. So what am I missing?
No idea, you havent posted your settings...perhaps I have magical cameras.

IDLE

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What settings do you need? Thats why I posted this thread. So someone could say settings should be this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What settings do you need? Thats why I posted this thread. So someone could say settings should be this?
every single audio setting related both in BI and the camera

IDLE

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let me get some screen shots

IDLE

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I tried that and it does the same. Plays through my server instead of the cam. Weird I know.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I tried that and it does the same. Plays through my server instead of the cam. Weird I know.
try restarting the pc after changes...also try using find/inspect and see if audio works

IDLE

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What fenderman said to do. It does work now but alvin lol