BI and Zmoto Modekl #ZP1BH15-W Wireless Only

Dmon

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought 4 of thses cams to install in BI, but have a problem for them to be recognized by filmware. I tried Zmoto's android app, in hopes to get them installed in the phone first, but their bar code recognition system doesn't want to work. When I did a scan from my router it doesn't show up. I can't even obtain the ip address from the camera. I'm not that savy with all this stuff, so if there's any help I could get, it would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought 4 of thses cams to install in BI, but have a problem for them to be recognized by filmware. I tried Zmoto's android app, in hopes to get them installed in the phone first, but their bar code recognition system doesn't want to work. When I did a scan from my router it doesn't show up. I can't even obtain the ip address from the camera. I'm not that savy with all this stuff, so if there's any help I could get, it would be appreciated.
zmodo is garbage, send it back...start reading the forum..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) Is what you have one of these two models?
2) Can you still return them?
ZP1BH15-W_small.jpg zmodo_wireless.jpg

Dmon

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, wireless ones, no usb, just an electrical plug. Im sure Amazon will let me return them. Several people gave them good reviews. Are u familiar with them?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, wireless ones, no usb, just an electrical plug. Im sure Amazon will let me return them. Several people gave them good reviews. Are u familiar with them?
Welcome Dmon,

Are you on a really tight budget? If not, I would recommend returning them and getting something better, 720p cameras are obsolete imho and you should not get anything which is less than 1080p.

We've got some great information being shared here, so

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhat. I installed similar units a client bought, they failed 6 months shy of of the 2 year warranty, Zmodo ignored my 4 e-mails on behalf of customer, therefore their after sales support gets a big fat ZERO.
One can offer a lifetime warranty but if they refuse to honor it, their company makes more profit but sooner or later that policy will come around and bite them in the ass (hopefully sooner).
Also, wireless itself is problematic and is to be avoided if at all possible.
Yes, I suggest you return them to amazon, find a few more dollars and check out the links that @mat200 provided above.

Dmon

n3wb
Reaction score
I have to go with wireless, I looked at a Dahua Mini Bullet 3.6 mm 3 MP IR, 1080p wifi for $67.00 Any comments on this one?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to go with wireless, I looked at a Dahua Mini Bullet 3.6 mm 3 MP IR, 1080p wifi for $67.00 Any comments on this one?
none of these cameras are wireless, you have to power them...easy enough to run data as well...that said, ANY camera can be made into a wifi camera by using a 10 dollar bridge...the mini bullet will drive you crazy with spider web issues and has much worse low light capability..

Dmon

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand they need electricity to power, but I need signal thru the air not cable, due to my structure.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
none of these cameras are wireless, you have to power them...easy enough to run data as well...that said, ANY camera can be made into a wifi camera by using a 10 dollar bridge...the mini bullet will drive you crazy with spider web issues and has much worse low light capability..
You can lead a horse to water Fenderlicious...but you can't make him take a bath.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Dmon,

I have the wired version of the Dahua mini-bullet - it is OK - certainly much much better than the zmodos.

I also have the Dahua varifocal starlight bullet - and it is really nice at night.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Dmon,

We would like to encourage people to use better options, thus why the strong encouragement of using a wired setup vs wifi.

That particular model you are referring to I believe is the IPC-HFW1320S-W
http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw1320s-w-5631.html

It has local on board microSD storage, so that's good when you lose WiFi - it can still be recording.

Remember the camera is typically sold from Aliexpress vendors without a AC power adapter - so remember to add that.

Costco recently had the Q-see branded version of that w/an adapter being sold for $80

It's a decent enough product AND far better than the zmodo cameras, however there are newer models which are very well liked here due to better night time performance.
( in particular the Dahua starlight series of cameras )

I understand if you're on a tight budget and looking for something which works and want something which does not require the wiring work.

You'll have to trust a number of us who have also gone down that road and found that we probably should have just started with wiring up our system.

Do feel free to pick up one of those cameras and start playing with it to get a better idea of what you may want or need in your next camera.

Dmon

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. If I could go
wired versus wireless, I would, but I have no attic space, and I won' run lines outside house. I ve had good luck with Foscam and Logitech, for the last 5 years.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. If I could go
wired versus wireless, I would, but I have no attic space, and I won' run lines outside house. I ve had good luck with Foscam and Logitech, for the last 5 years.
Hi Dmon,

Note: If you even have 1 foot between the roof and your ceiling you can put wiring through that space.

I've used 3/4"+ PVC conduit in such situations and it worked well.