BI as RTSP Sever - need to change URL format and port

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an application that can display a camera, but due to a horrible design, the format must be as follows rtsp:/<ip>:<port>/img/video.sav, where ip and port are the only things I can manually enter.
BI’s RTSP server is expecting me to follow its nomenclature, which I can’t do. How can I accomplish this? Any special mods on the BI side I can do? Was thinking that maybe I need to set this up through nginx or something like that but even that might not work since we are dealing with rtsp and not http. Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you wanting to stream that RSTP URL ("rtsp:/<ip>:<port>/img/video.sav") as a cam in BI?
If so, it's simple as I have a Sercomm cam in a bluebird house that uses that same URL and streams beautifully to BI and to VLC.
See below (of course, enter your cam's IP, username and password):

sercomm.jpg

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you wanting to stream that RSTP URL ("rtsp:/<ip>:<port>/img/video.sav") as a cam in BI?
If so, it's simple as I have a Sercomm cam in a bluebird house that uses that same URL and streams beautifully to BI and to VLC.
See below (of course, enter your cam's IP, username and password):

View attachment 91248
Thanks, but it’s the other way around. I have a camera in BI doing the method that you have. But now I need BI to act as an RTSP server and I need the RTSP URL to follow the strict URL format mentioned.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't know of any program that would convert the rstp to your requirements, but if you can program a bit, check out something like ffmpeg, gstreamer, net7mma or some other open source project that you could modify, like creating your own rtsp server that takes in your rtsp stream from BI and output it the rtsp stream you need, like: