BI audio over web stream

Qlxpfive

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

After a few days of searching and testing, I have to ask a stupid question - can Blue Iris provide audio over the web stream (BI browser client).

I've been able to make audio work from the BI console and from an Android client, but have been unable to stream audio to a web client. To simplify, I've been testing with a client on the same subnet. I've tried with 4 different brands of camera (Amcrest, Reolink, old Trendnet, and old Foscam) and have the same results.

I feel like, if the answer is yes, that I may be missing something related to RTSP, possibly a firewall setting on the BI server. I have, however, enable outbound RTSP from the BI server to Any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Confused, Neil

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

After a few days of searching and testing, I have to ask a stupid question - can Blue Iris provide audio over the web stream (BI browser client).

I've been able to make audio work from the BI console and from an Android client, but have been unable to stream audio to a web client. To simplify, I've been testing with a client on the same subnet. I've tried with 4 different brands of camera (Amcrest, Reolink, old Trendnet, and old Foscam) and have the same results.

I feel like, if the answer is yes, that I may be missing something related to RTSP, possibly a firewall setting on the BI server. I have, however, enable outbound RTSP from the BI server to Any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Confused, Neil
yes, you either have to use IE with the activex installed OR use UI3 to replace the webserver - go with ui3...
Blue Iris UI3 beta test is now open!

Qlxpfive

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt reply. I will give UI3 a shot - it was on my list of things to check out once I got more familiar with BI. Just to clarify - after converting to UI3, will I no longer be bound to IE w/activex for browser audio?

Thanks again,
Neil

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt reply. I will give UI3 a shot - it was on my list of things to check out once I got more familiar with BI. Just to clarify - after converting to UI3, will I no longer be bound to IE w/activex for browser audio?

Thanks again,
Neil
UI3 was built to run on Chrome and Firefox. No activex needed.

Qlxpfive

n3wb
Reaction score
UI3 is much much better - thank you!

No luck on the audio in Firefox, but works great in Chrome!