BI Compatibility with Multi-lens Cameras?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know this costs more than multiple cameras which could cover the same area just as well, but I have still been toying around with the idea of buying one of the PC-PFW8800-A180 4x2MP Multi-Sensor Panoramic cameras.
I like the idea of being able to have an overview of my entire front or back yard area in one non-distorted image stream.

That started me thinking though. Since I use BI and not a Dahua NVR, I'm wondering how BI would handle and display the image stream from this camera. Best I can tell, the camera provides a single video stream of all 4 images stitched in panorama.
So would BI be able to display that properly as a rectangular panorama across my computer screen? If not, it would defeat the purpose of buying one of course. What about the phone app? The image would certainly be too long for a phone screen view without a scrolling feature I'd imagine.

There is not much information \ interest in this type of camera on the forum. I searched before posting but only found one person on the forum who bought one of these at a discount from Andy in exchange for a review but they never contributed the review.
If no one knows here, I'll ping the BI developer.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I would say there will be no problem. It may be multiple sensors but it still only has one stream. Worst case, assuming each sensor has a discrete stream (highly unlikely) just create four cameras, one for each stream, in BI.

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey there...

I've not seen one of these before, but agree it could be interesting! As awsum140 said, in theory it should work...but I can't see how it could be easily displayed within BI and without distortion. You noted in your post, that camera outputs a "stitched together" image. If that's the case (and it's part of a single stream), I would assume BI would create an appropriate aspect ratio for the display window. No way to know for sure however.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow. It has nice features. Object adbandoned (+) or missing (-) is cool, BI could have that.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know this costs more than multiple cameras which could cover the same area just as well, but I have still been toying around with the idea of buying one of the PC-PFW8800-A180 4x2MP Multi-Sensor Panoramic cameras.
I like the idea of being able to have an overview of my entire front or back yard area in one non-distorted image stream.

That started me thinking though. Since I use BI and not a Dahua NVR, I'm wondering how BI would handle and display the image stream from this camera. Best I can tell, the camera provides a single video stream of all 4 images stitched in panorama.
So would BI be able to display that properly as a rectangular panorama across my computer screen? If not, it would defeat the purpose of buying one of course. What about the phone app? The image would certainly be too long for a phone screen view without a scrolling feature I'd imagine.

There is not much information \ interest in this type of camera on the forum. I searched before posting but only found one person on the forum who bought one of these at a discount from Andy in exchange for a review but they never contributed the review.
If no one knows here, I'll ping the BI developer.
EDIT: Nevermind, I was remembering a different model I think.

I doubt it will be a problem with blue iris.

Last edited: