BI Config Question

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a question on how the BI File saving, rotation works. Under Clips and Archiving there is a folder for the database (c:\BlueIris\db) and then there are folders for NEW, ALERTS and STORAGE. How does the rotation work for these options? I ask, because right now I don't have any files in the storage folder, so I am wondering how old files have to be to get moved from what I assume is the NEW folder to the STORAGE folder. If I have my settings set to keep 93 days worth of recordings or a maximum of 5TB, when the NEW folder reaches one of those it then moves the videos to the STORAGE folder?

I also noticed the the settings for the STORAGE folder has an option to delete, recycle or move to a folder. But the move to a folder doesn't allow me to specify a folder on another drive, it just has the selections for ALERTS, NEW, STORAGE and AUX. I supposed I can set one of the AUX to a folder on another drive and once the STORAGE folder hits one of it's limiters it will move them?

Thanks for the clarifications!

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haven't tested this but I think you select an Aux and set a path for one of those - that way even the Aux has storage options.

The rotation depends on what you set on Limit folder size and/or Limit clip age for that particular folder you have selected under Select to edit.