BI CPU % High

n3wb
Reaction score
Whats up folks! I am new to the world of IP Cameras and I have a 4 Foscams IP cam set up. The CPU usage on my BI Software stays around 85% until there is activity on the cam then it will go very high. I have a few questions:

Are there some setting adjustments I can make to lower my CPU usage ( get below 85% so I wont peak out the CPU at 100%)?

Is it possible to Chromecast BI to a TV?

I have foscam 9803P's, 9826, and 8910.

Thanks for any help you can give on this

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you are using the direct to disc option in the record tab under fire format

Sent via Taptalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great tip!
No problem..remember that when using direct to disk its important to match your cameras i-frame/keyframe to the fps. It is also important to set the pretrigger frames to 1 to 2 times the fps of the camera..so if the camera is 15fps set the pretrigger frames in blue iris to 15-30...this is necessary because when using direct to disk, blue iris only begins recording when a full frame is send.

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I upgraded from BlueIrisUpdate64.4.0.8.0 to BlueIrisUpdate64.4.0.9.1 my CPU jumped from around 30% to 100%! Tried BlueIrisUpdate64.4.0.9.2 just now and same issue. All the cams were set to encode. Switching them all to direct to disk lowered CPU back down to 14% Unfortunately each cam must be changed manually via several clicks. Since keys are added to the registry by this change a registry patch is not feasible.

Reaction score
As with the latest updates, the checkbox framerate 'adjust automaticly' is enabled by default (and is greyed out, so we cannot set the framerate to a fixed rate anymore).
Since we have a lot of cams, we prefer to have the framerat set to a fixed number of frames in stead of BI trying to negotiate all the time (and bringing our BI server to to pat 99% all of the time).

Any ideas how to get the checkbox unchecked?

The Nuclear bunker team

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As with the latest updates, the checkbox framerate 'adjust automaticly' is enabled by default (and is greyed out, so we cannot set the framerate to a fixed rate anymore).
Since we have a lot of cams, we prefer to have the framerat set to a fixed number of frames in stead of BI trying to negotiate all the time (and bringing our BI server to to pat 99% all of the time).

Any ideas how to get the checkbox unchecked?

The Nuclear bunker team
From the release notes:

• If your camera cannot limit its own frame rate and you want to record at another rate, use the "alternate" frame rate setting on the Record tab.