BI iOS app alerts page notification badge

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm looking for clarification on the red badge number shown on the Alerts page on iOS. In my screenshot, there is an alert entry in the list with a red number 4. Does that represent four separate times the camera was triggered? If so, how do you view of each of those four from the alerts page on iOS? Thanks!

The help file says the following but I'm still not clear:
"If there are new alerts since you have last connected, the icon will appear in red along with a number. When a camera on the Blue Iris PC is triggered by motion, audio or an external source, a snapshot is taken that will appear on the alerts list. Touch any of the entries on this list to playback the associated video. If the file contains multiple trigger instances, playback will be cued to the appropriate location in the file."

Last edited:

disbjohn

n3wb
Reaction score
The number is the number of times the camera was triggered by motion or other alert since you last checked/reviewed camera in the app.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, disbjohn! Blue Iris support said the same:
Yes, this means the camera was triggered 4 times since you last viewed it. You will find each of the 4 in the list beneath in time order. You can also go into the camera to view it, then the calendar, then the Alerts list.

Last edited: