BI IR Button and Starlight IR PTZ (SD49225T-HN)??

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in the Blue Iris sub-forum, but as my question is Dahua specific......

So I have the SD49225T Starlight and Blue Iris, works fantastic as expected. I find myself more frequently needing to switch off the IR light, but the "button" in BI doesn't perform that function as I would hope. Consequently, I have to bring up the native web controls in Internet Explorer for the camera and switch off the IR lights using the controls there. Kind of cumbersome.

I've searched the forum and elsewhere and can't find a solution, hence my post. I'd be grateful if anyone has found a way to turn the IR on/off in BI or a related forum thread I may have missed in my search.

Thanks,
Shawn

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris's IR button behavior is incorrect more often than not in my experience.

If you can figure out the actual official API commands that need to be sent to the camera to turn IR on, off, and auto, and send them to Ken (Blue Iris support), he can look into changing the behavior (for any particular camera brand). I should probably figure this out myself and send the info to him, but I just don't use the button.

Also, if you access the ptz functions using the ONVIF selection in Blue Iris, then you are at the mercy of the camera to correctly interpret ONVIF commands for IR control.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks very much. I'll do some research on the API commands, that would be a good start.

Reaction score
Idk if this helps.. I ran into something similar installing a sunba camera for someone.. It had presets in above 100 that changed certain settings.. I configered preset 9 and 10 in blue iris to trigger preset 101 on the camera for ir off and 102 on the camera for ir auto

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. Now that you mention it, I recall seeing something about "special" presets. I'll check it out, thanks!