BI Live view is pixelated

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 1GB/s ethernet port laptop RDPing to my BI PC so I can run a live view feed from the kitchen. ( connected to a monitor)

Lately the live view feed is always pixelated and poor quality. I run it on full screen mode like the picture you see. Funny thing is. If I right click and uncheck Maximise Frame making it go back to the normal view mode the live view becomes fine. Then after a min or so it will go back to pixelated

2nd issue I noticed just tonight. The camera on my porch picked up my friend who dropped off one of my borrowed tools to the gate which required him to walk from the car all the way up to the gate which is right under the CCTV camera. You can see in the video the camera captures in recording that he gets out of the car. Then stops recording when he walked all the way up to the gate (under the camera) then records him as he leaves. How can I fix that issue? Need to record anyone who make walk up to the house

the model is:
Dahua
IPC-HDBW1431E
4MP WDR IR Mini-Dome Network Camera

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First issue:
  • Is the laptop connected wirelessly?
  • Have you tried UI3 and a browser instead of RDP? EDIT: Just read your other post in another thread where you stated "..the layout is crap".
  • How is you LAN configured? Example: "cameras-->>POE switch==>BI server PC==>>"wireless router" or ???
Second issue:

It's impossible to adequately answer your "How can I fix that issue" without more info. Please provide 5 or 6 screenshots of current settings such as:
  • "Record" tab
  • "Trigger" tab
  • Motion sensor "configure" settings
  • "zones and hot spots"
  • "Object Detection"

Last edited:

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First issue:
  • Is the laptop connected wirelessly?
  • Have you tried UI3 and a browser instead of RDP? EDIT: Just read your other post in another thread where you stated "..the layout is crap".
  • How is you LAN configured? Example: "cameras-->>POE switch==>BI server PC==>>"wireless router" or ???
Second issue:

It's impossible to adequately answer your "How can I fix that issue" without more info. Please provide 5 or 6 screenshots of current settings such as:
  • "Record" tab
  • "Trigger" tab
  • Motion sensor "configure" settings
  • "zones and hot spots"
  • "Object Detection"
ok thanks. Ill will provide the info you need tomorrow ( late here atm)

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Why are you using RDP instead of watching on the WebUI on the kitchen PC?

Once you use the WebUI you can then configure the streaming profiles easily to increase the viewing resolutio/quality/bit rate.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Within Settings -> Cameras what do you have the the Video during Remote Desktop set to?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Once you use the WebUI you can then configure the streaming profiles easily to increase the viewing resolutio/quality/bit rate.
+1^^

Also, below is a screen shot of Google Chrome opening up BI's built-in UI3, after creating a group of cams, setting the frame sizes in the BI console for that group then opening a browser to that group with maximized screen.

Here's the URL: http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/ui3.htm?group=groupname&maximize=1

My groupname is "TCAM". Three of the four are indoor PTZ cams, BTW.

4cams-on-TCAM.jpg

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

This thread I made earlier pretty much answers this question