BI lost clips

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, I logged into BI today and lost all the clips I had since the beginning of the year. Has anyone else had that happen? Anything that could be done to help prevent it from happening again.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I logged into BI today and lost all the clips I had since the beginning of the year. Has anyone else had that happen? Anything that could be done to help prevent it from happening again.

Thanks!
Did you change any settings? Did you actually check the folders to see if the clips are missing? Do you see any clips at all? Likely this is user error.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't changed any settings, they were there yesterday and not there today. I honestly hope it is user error.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't changed any settings, they were there yesterday and not there today. I honestly hope it is user error.
See the above post and answer the questions so we can help you.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See the above post and answer the questions so we can help you.
I didn't change the settings, and yes I did look in the folder....but think I found my issue, and not sure how or when this got checked as I've never done anything in here:

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't change the settings, and yes I did look in the folder....but think I found my issue, and not sure how or when this got checked as I've never done anything in here:
that is meaningless, since it gets moved to the stored folder as per your settings, and you limit to 10gb which will fill up way before 35... what settings do you have in the stored folder...

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
welp, maybe this is my issue. And if it is, not sure when it got checked as I haven't been in here since I installed BI but looking at clip dates, happened sometime in the beginning of November last year.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
welp, maybe this is my issue. And if it is, not sure when it got checked as I haven't been in here since I installed BI but looking at clip dates, happened sometime in the beginning of November last year.
That is your problem, but its not even the 14 days (Which you should uncheck) its the 20gb limit, that will likely last a few hours to a day depending on the number of cams and bitrate...

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is your problem, but its not even the 14 days (Which you should uncheck) its the 20gb limit, that will likely last a few hours to a day depending on the number of cams and bitrate...
Not sure when that changed either, I had it set to 30gb since I didn't fully commit to BI at the time. Oh well, luckily nothing crazy happened. Thanks for the time and assist @fenderman . Lots in BI that I have to review it appears.

Last edited: